I was thinkin about upgrading from a Schecter C7FR to a Ibanez S7320. So, apparently people say that it's pickups are pretty bad, i have no experience with it and no stores around me sell ibanez's and none have a S7. So i was going to order and S7 and replace the pickups with Passive Dimarzio's (as to avert the cost of putting in actives and having to get the back routed out and a battery slot put in).

So what would be the best 7-string Dimarzio (passive) pickups for metal? (Think Whitechapel, Unearth, All Shall Perish, just real heavy stuff)

I know Ibanez puts D'Activator's in the Xiphos 7, so...any thoughts?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Yeah but they don't have sound bytes for over 50% of those pickups, including the ones i was looking at like the X2N and the D'Activators

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I was gonna get 2 different pickups because i like crushing low metal, but then i also need one for good clean stuff in the neck position.

so...X2N for bridge? people say they got loads of output, what should i use for neck?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
X2n has no bass at all, it's all mids/treble. Go for a Duncan Distortion, it's got the tone I think you're after.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by SPBY
I was gonna get 2 different pickups because i like crushing low metal, but then i also need one for good clean stuff in the neck position.

so...X2N for bridge? people say they got loads of output, what should i use for neck?

D-sonic 7 in the bridge with their PAF 7 string model in the neck.Wire them for coil splitting and you can't go wrong.I have that combo in my 7 string and it can do anything from sweet cleans to progressive death metal.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Don't go for DiMarzio 7 string pickups. They've made a lot of cuts to quality lately on seven string pickups and I hear the newer ones aren't very good. I think I heard Chris Broderick say that's one reason he endorses Bare Knuckle pickups know. I would go Duncan if you wanna stay cheaper or Bare Knuckles if you really want to spend some cash.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
yeah but can it fit in an s7 without routing?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Yes, all that's been recommended will fit without routing.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Don't go for DiMarzio 7 string pickups. They've made a lot of cuts to quality lately on seven string pickups and I hear the newer ones aren't very good. I think I heard Chris Broderick say that's one reason he endorses Bare Knuckle pickups know. I would go Duncan if you wanna stay cheaper or Bare Knuckles if you really want to spend some cash.

LOL
Chris Broderick has just switched to Dimarzio...
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-and-equipment/78367-chris-broderick-now-using-ernie-ball-and-dimarzio.html
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I found a 7 string Blackout so....im thinkin those might be good?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by aznrockerdude

lol
That's where I heard him bashing DiMarzio and saying he no longer used them and switched to Bare Knuckle. Either they bumped up quality or they're giving him loads of money now that he's in Megadeth.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by SPBY
I found a 7 string Blackout so....im thinkin those might be good?

I never tried a Blackout, but I hear good things about them. You can mix passives and actives as far as I know, it just takes a bit more work.
Quote by mmolteratx
lol
That's where I heard him bashing DiMarzio and saying he no longer used them and switched to Bare Knuckle. Either they bumped up quality or they're giving him loads of money now that he's in Megadeth.

Probably the latter. Call me greedy, but I would do the same if I was in his place.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
I never tried a Blackout, but I hear good things about them. You can mix passives and actives as far as I know, it just takes a bit more work.

Probably the latter. Call me greedy, but I would do the same if I was in his place.

Same, I mean, I'd have ****tier tone than is possible, but I'd have loads of cash to go get Tim from Bare Knuckle to rewind my pickups so I could use DiMarzios but keep the tone and money. TS, the Blackout is a decent pickup. 7 string guitars work well with actives IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Same, I mean, I'd have ****tier tone than is possible, but I'd have loads of cash to go get Tim from Bare Knuckle to rewind my pickups so I could use DiMarzios but keep the tone and money. TS, the Blackout is a decent pickup. 7 string guitars work well with actives IMO.

Dimarzio can and probably will make a custom pickup for him if he doesn't like what they suggest him.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420