Hey guys ive been reading here forever and ive tried searching for an answer to this quickly but couldn't find one. Anyways, I recently bought a line 6 spider 3 and i know that those aren't the best amps ( or even close to it). After some problems with my neighbors i've decided i'm taking it back. I just realized for the same amount of money i paid for that and the fbv pedal, i could get a b 52 60 watt amp. After doing some research i seem to think this would be a huge upgrade. Noise levels wouldn't be a problem because i have a new practice space. Do you guys have any expierience/ comments with these? Thanks ... Here it is and heres some others i was looking at.

PS: I know a Tube amp is a big step from a s.s spider but is this the best choice?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-AT-112-60-Watt-1x12--Tube-Combo-Amp-103733606-i1170731.gc

maybe even this http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-V-Series-V50-112-50W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-487054-i1409664.gc

THANKS
i have played the v-series and i had thought that it would sound terrible due to it being so cheap, but surprisingily it wasnt that bad, it had a pretty fair crunch, and the cleans were good.. i have heard a lot of sound clips and stuff from the b-52 and it was also really good sounding for it's price.
i dont know what you play, so it's hard to tell you which one to go for.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
the b-52 is one the best high gain amps in the price range, fo' sho. plus, it gets that tube saturation sound at high levels. what styles of music do you play?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Thanks guys.. Yea i play a lot wide variety of music, i usually stay away from heavy metal and extreme shredding and stuff so pretty much im looking for a fairly versitale amp, something i could play punk and rock etc on but also have a nice cleaner tone like some older stuff like the doors, beatles etc. I'd be willing to compromise though.
I was in the market for that B52 before I got my Fender. The guy at Guitar Center said that amp was discontinued, looked for stores that had it and only found a handful nation-wide. This was about 2 months ago, so either it IS discontinued, or they are still making it and you can find it at GC's anywhere. Just be prepared in case you need to get it online if stores don't have it.

In the case of your neighbors, if they had a problem with noise from your Spider, they will really have a problem with the B52. 60 watts of tube kills that Spider, but it is a better buy for the money
Quote by bigfoamfinger

In the case of your neighbors, if they had a problem with noise from your Spider, they will really have a problem with the B52. 60 watts of tube kills that Spider, but it is a better buy for the money

Yeah, i found a new place to jam. And thanks, i'll check a few places near me as id like to play it before ordering. If not then i might try something else. Any other suggestions?
the B-52 is not a versitile amp though.........

try looking at Blackhearts and the Peavey Classic 30..... good for classic rock and blues
add a good Overdrive and you can do Hard rock.......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

try looking at Blackhearts and the Peavey Classic 30..... good for classic rock and blues

What???????? The B-52 is the most versitile amp ive ever played!!! Cleans were immaculate, but at the same time, distortion was apocalyptic. I could get an awesome blues tone out of mine. Check my demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW9KtD2JhO4&feature=channel_page

I would definetley gt a B-52, good for every style.
Quote by bulletrocks522
What???????? The B-52 is the most versitile amp ive ever played!!! Cleans were immaculate, but at the same time, distortion was apocalyptic. I could get an awesome blues tone out of mine. Check my demo:

i didn't like it for blues and classic rock but its my ears
and yes the distortion was BR00TAL !!!!
but he doesnt like teh br00talz and i think he will be better off with a Classic 30......

BTW dude you're 13!!!! ( i thought i was the only 13 year old in the GG&A)
HOLY **** and you are 10x better than me...............
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 13, 2009,
I too am lookin at this exact same amp. I plan on getting one next christmas (don't have the money right now). I think you are much better off getting one over your line 6.
Quote by patbuck2
I too am lookin at this exact same amp. I plan on getting one next christmas (don't have the money right now). I think you are much better off getting one over your line 6.

Good luck trying to find one next Christmas
the B-52 line has been discontinued just this January and will be gone in the music stores by April
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i didn't like it for blues and classic rock but its my ears
and yes the distortion was BR00TAL !!!!
but he doesnt like teh br00talz and i think he will be better off with a Classic 30......

BTW dude you're 13!!!! ( i thought i was the only 13 year old in the GG&A)
HOLY **** and you are 10x better than me...............

True, a Classic 30 would be better, but its more expensive.
About the age thing, I know one other 13 year old on the forums, its nutinpwnsgibson, also chriscoooley on Youtube. Thanks for the compliment!!!!
Quote by bulletrocks522
True, a Classic 30 would be better, but its more expensive.
About the age thing, I know one other 13 year old on the forums, its nutinpwnsgibson, also chriscoooley on Youtube. Thanks for the compliment!!!!

i didnt know nutinpwnsgibson was 13.........
and you are welcome
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
and you are welcome

Yeah, and hes a good player to. Check his Youtube channel, we talk alot on there:
http://www.youtube.com/chriscoooley

To TS, go with a Classic 30, great amps for your style, BUT, you never know. You might want to break out the br00t4lz some day and if you get the B-52, if you ever decided on the br00t4lz, you would be set, while being set arleady for everything else.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

i wouldnt necessarily say that, it has good punk tone, good clean tone (even though a bit compressed for some people), and good high gain like the guy needs
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
and you are welcome

we are the 13 year old trio of the GG&A forum even though the 13th just ended.
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Psh, I'm 20

Go with the B-52 AT 112, I've had it and its amazing for the money.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by bulletrocks522

You sound like Johnny DeMarco.

I personally think you should go with a Peavey Classic 30.
Quote by The_Bosstone

You sound like Johnny DeMarco.

I personally think you should go with a Peavey Classic 30.

i just thought of something, that would be SO cool if johnny demarco got a UG account and started posting on this forum. it'd be like "which pedal?" then hes like "you cant go wrong with %100 authentic boss, no imitations here"
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
14 ftw!
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Good luck trying to find one next Christmas
the B-52 line has been discontinued just this January and will be gone in the music stores by April

B-52 is a brand, not a line. And the only product of theirs that I saw discontinued is the AT 212 combo. The 112 combo and the Heads seem to be doing just fine. Unless I am missing something?

EDIT - My Bad, I see other models on MF stating they are discontinued. So are they going out of business, and links to news on them?
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Epi Les Paul Ultra (With SD JB/Jazz pups)
Bugera 120w 333xl 212 combo
Peavey ValveKing 50w 112 combo (Eminence Texas Heat 12" speaker)
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah.
Last edited by BadAxxe at Mar 19, 2009,