Is there any such thing as a pedal that chages your guitar pitch? I would use it for lowering my pitch so i don't have to tune down for songs (except for drop d)
Whammy pedals can i THINK.

but it'd sound pretty bad.
could just get another guitar and keep it in a different tuning.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
no, not tuner pedals..

look at the digitech whammy pedal

and NO. it does NOT make your sound bad
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by Aurex
cant some tuner pedals?

No? they tune, they dont detune.

look at the Digitech whammy or an octaver perdal. the whammy would be much more versatile, but the octaveer may have just what you want.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Digitech RP range does (i bet everyone who posts about pedals is sick of me on about them, but they do have pitchshifters, up to two octaves higher and down to two octaves lower)
Gear:

Jackson RR-3 Eerie Desert Swirl
Alden Warlord Guitar+Bass
Encore Strat
KTone Alpine White 6/12 Double Neck SG
Digitech RP500
Kustom Amp KGA16R

And A Bunch Of Other Stuff
i dont want any with like a weird effect since i would have it on the whole time. I dont need to be able to change tune fast i just get lazy always dropping all the time and my guitar buzzes a ton in lower tuning
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
no, not tuner pedals..

look at the digitech whammy pedal

and NO. it does NOT make your sound bad

Yes it does. It sounds NOTHING like a guitar actually tuned down. The only way to down tune without actually tuning the guitar, and without sounding like crap is a hexaphonic MIDI pickup with some kind of interface, like the Line6 Variax guitar with a POD.
ok i guess i wont be able to find one for cheap that doesn't sound all weirdish a well it was just a randum idea i had so i didn't have to tune down
buy a boss super shifter

do it

now
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by littlephil
Yes it does. It sounds NOTHING like a guitar actually tuned down. The only way to down tune without actually tuning the guitar, and without sounding like crap is a hexaphonic MIDI pickup with some kind of interface, like the Line6 Variax guitar with a POD.

no, because then you sound like a sampled guitar.

the only real way to sound completly authentic without really detuning is to play in a room that is filled with atmosphere that is more dense than our normal air. this would cause sound to travel slower through it, thus making the pitch lower. (the opposite of breathing in helium)
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man

the only real way to sound completly authentic without really detuning is to play in a room that is filled with atmosphere that is more dense than our normal air. this would cause sound to travel slower through it, thus making the pitch lower. (the opposite of breathing in helium)

But yea, TS, if you play in drop tunings primarily and don't need to switch often, why not just tune down? You mentioned that your guitar buzzes, but that can be fixed pretty easily...
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
I believe the strat VG has a knob that has tuning changes on it.
I played it once.

it sounded a little too digital.

I think the only way to get a good sound downtuning is to actually downtune.
if you have to, buy another guitar and keep it downtuned.
-then switch to your other guitar for whatever other tuning you want.
i once used my RP350 Whammy setting. i tuned myself up well. plugged the output of the RP350 in the tuner and changed the Pitch shift amount until it was exactly a half-step down.

Clever, eh?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by DiveRightIn63
i once used my RP350 Whammy setting. i tuned myself up well. plugged the output of the RP350 in the tuner and changed the Pitch shift amount until it was exactly a half-step down.

Clever, eh?

they know their stuff
Gear:

Jackson RR-3 Eerie Desert Swirl
Alden Warlord Guitar+Bass
Encore Strat
KTone Alpine White 6/12 Double Neck SG
Digitech RP500
Kustom Amp KGA16R

And A Bunch Of Other Stuff
Quote by chea_man

Have you ever heard a Line6 Variax with one of their good amps? It sounds really good. They get bashed for spiders, but all their high end stuff is great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH2obyhJztM
Watch that. The guitar is actually tuned to EADGBe, but he uses the POD and Variax to tune it to AADGBe and it sounds like its actually been downtuned.