Has anyone here in the pit done public performances with an instrument? You know, just playing on the side walk with people passing by?
I did once. I was outside of my school with my friends just jamming with my electric guitar and amp before school started. I accidentaly left the box I keep my pedals in open, and students were starting to crowd up around us. then people started to throw in money into my box. I made 5 dollars, a sandwich, and some lame yugiyoh cards. Even alot of amidnistrators were throwing in some stuff into the box. Awesome experience. Share yours.
i sat on my porch and my friends sister gave me a buck
but it don't count really because she wasn't hot and i was using my old MG and MGs fail.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
I did some illegally busking without knowing you needed a permit inside the Montreal metro system. Made enough money to pay the fine and keep a good 8 dollars
I recently had a gig in front of 2000 people, if that's what you're talking about.

I have busked before, as well.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by Iriathz
I recently had a gig in front of 2000 people, if that's what you're talking about.

I have busked before, as well.

yeah, srry, I got words confused, busking is what I'm talking about.
Yup, I was playing to this black-dancer guy outside of Universal Studios. He was a really cool guy, I've never seen him since though...
At the end of the day...
Prepare to kill
everyone.
well, I saw a few kids playing guitar at school, but they haven't recently.
I was gonna play my bass while waiting for my mom to pick me up after school.
But that's all I have.
Quote by YakunaAi
Yup, I was playing to this black-dancer guy outside of Universal Studios. He was a really cool guy, I've never seen him since though...

I'm not going to ask...
When I was in Portland, Oregon recently and living in a car and starving I busked for a week. I normally made around a meager 10 dollars a day, but if you know Portland you know it's a city with diverse music and many many bands, underground and mainstream, so people always stopped to listen.

Luckily I have a great taste in music
I also did a few originals.
I guess you could say it was fun.
10 bucks a day is enough to eat on.
Poor advice.
I want to start doing this, not because I need the money, but just for fun. Maybe with a friend. But I don't know enough crowd-pleasing tunes. Any suggestions anyone?
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
ah ha ha, thats an awesome story.
I've wanted to do that sometime with my brother, we never have though.
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
Yeah, I actually did yesterday XD made all of .26 cents, given to me by some freshman girls.

We should get a list of good busking songs together...
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
I did it once in Lexington's downtown area and people threw shit at me.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Jango22
Yeah, I actually did yesterday XD made all of .26 cents, given to me by some freshman girls.

We should get a list of good busking songs together...

I second this motion. And I Cum Blood doesn't go on the list.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
ive done gigs in pubs many a time, but went busking in the town centre for the first time today. made £18.21 in 45 minutes. I loved it to bits, don't know why ive never done it before because, to add to the thrill of playing in daylight to sober people, and only getting paid if i catch an ear or two, im now sat here with beer and cigarettes, which, this morning I never saw happening. God bless random days off work!
I'm thinking of doing it. Maybe I should learn a few more Dylan songs, bring my acoustic and harmonica and my pathetic excuse for a voice and go down the city.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I busk regularly around my hometown.
It's great in the run up to Christmas - I once made £25 in just over an hour - and fantastic fun in the summer as well.

Also there's a group of about ten scene kids that often come over and listen for a few songs

If you're planning on doing it, then acoustic versions of popular songs work really well - Mr Brightside, Valerie etc, anything that people will recognise, but perhaps not in that form.

Oh, and everybody loves Dylan.
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
the key to busking is "salting the pot" basically put like £10 in the box of your own cash to encourage people.
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
^ I was thinking of doing that, but actually had no change so didn't bother and still did really well. It's a good idea though, because the people who see you do it won't be there long if theyre moving around town

I'd say the key is to play great and familiar songs, in a busy place, rather than how much money there is in your hat/guitar case/pot

Plus, there's a busker who usually stands in the spot I was playing at - as in - everybody knows him, and is sick of him, so I made a refreshing change, and people really appreciated that.