I just bought a new guitar off of Ebay and somebody decided to string it left handed without making any alterations to the nut or the bridge. Do you think there would be any damage to the nut from having the thicker strings tightened onto the thinner strings place or should the nut still be usable? Any help would be appreciated. Not too knowledgable about the repair process.
Swapping the nut would help, but I believe Hendrix used one without doing so, so it should be fine.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
You might have some tuning issues if you don't swap the nut and you'll probably have to redo the intonation. I don't think it would really damage the nut...
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
i did it for quite a while, had no problems, i gave up trying to learn lefthanded after a bit though, sadly im never gonna be Michael Angelo Batio
Gear:

Jackson RR-3 Eerie Desert Swirl
Alden Warlord Guitar+Bass
Encore Strat
KTone Alpine White 6/12 Double Neck SG
Digitech RP500
Kustom Amp KGA16R

And A Bunch Of Other Stuff
Yeah I am worried about the tuning issues. I can't play left handed. Hell I can barely play right handed. Thanks for all the responses.
Quote by mindstealer
Yeah I am worried about the tuning issues. I can't play left handed. Hell I can barely play right handed. Thanks for all the responses.

Just swap the nut, and re-do the intonation... it should be fine after that