i have done a few posts earlier, but did exactly get the right answers i was looking for.

I am looking for a tube amp, preferrably a half stack, that has the capabilities of metal and classic rock. My band plays stuff like metallica, GNR, Iron Maiden, ACDC, and maybe a little bit of more bluesy stuff like SRV, (althought blues is definately not a primary sound for us), but that also has a decent clean channel to achieve the sound of songs like metallicas "Nothing Else Matters".

I play through a 2007 Fender Standard Strat and a Epiphone g400 (yeah not the best guitar). I have been looking into the Peavey 6505+, Mesa Boogie double or triple rectifier, things like a fender hot rod deville (but running something like a metal core pedal through it), or maybe a Carvin Legacy.

My budget is about 1800. and even to get that much id have to sell my tuba ha. so any help with this would be appreciated.
Marshall vintage modern?
go try it out mate

Cheersssss

EEDIT:sorry that outta your budget,
Ide say go to local stores and try a few out that's all i can think of or look on fleabay for used Marshalls and Voxs
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Last edited by jwax at Feb 13, 2009,
Marshall pretty much built the classic rock sound -

Go used on a really nice one. Honestly, the best way to get vintage sound is by finding good vintage gear.

If you can afford it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
ya i find marshalls very much out of my price range. lol. minus the mgs. but i dont want anything to do with the mg series.
Go look on thes amps: (used)
Mesa/Boogie F-50
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV
Peavey XXX
Peavey JSX
Peavey 6505+
ENGL PowerBall
ENGL Invader
Traynors
Cieratones
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 14, 2009,
ac30 but your gonna need to boost it a decent amount for metaller sounds, hughes and kettner statesman if you can try it, i was between that or an ac30HH i wound up getting the ac30 cus i couldnt find anywhere that sold the H+K to try it, but look into the H+K, also
it will take a while but http://www.grangeramp.com/m50.php look into some grangers too, they seem pretty damn nice, but i donno if youd want to buy blindly
i just went and got a used dual rect solo head, butr thanks for your guys' help
mesa single rectifier rect-o-verb or the solo would do you wonders. The reason i say the single is that you don't need a crap load of headroom and its cheaper so that means better cab. ALSO since its at that low of a wattage, you don't need to super crank it to get really heavy distortion out of it. This way when you switch between your lead and clean channel, you don't hear a huge difference between the two channels volumes.
I second the Ceriatones and a used Dual channel JCM 800 (you know, from the 80s. The reissues are crap)
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
Last edited by cavalier14 at Feb 15, 2009,
first of all, unless you live in eastern European countries should you get a ceriatone, there made in Indonesia and they are shipped from there, that's like 300-400 dollar shipping, might as well get a Kerry king signature if your paying that much.
also, don't get a JCM, the JCM's they made now are crap, there not the same as they used to be. They don't oomph as much anymore nor are they as versatile as they used to be.
take my mesa suggestion cause in the long run it will do you better.
Quote by convictionless
first of all, unless you live in eastern European countries should you get a ceriatone, there made in Indonesia and they are shipped from there, that's like 300-400 dollar shipping, might as well get a Kerry king signature if your paying that much.
also, don't get a JCM, the JCM's they made now are crap, there not the same as they used to be. They don't oomph as much anymore nor are they as versatile as they used to be.
take my mesa suggestion cause in the long run it will do you better.

Sorry, I meant:

2 Channel JCM 800 used
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
alright. thanks. i got the dual rect solo mesa. with a slant 4x12 cab. sounds amazing. but was TONS OF MONEY. so much it makes me nervous to play it XD
pix pl0x
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
Quote by CrimsonXD
alright. thanks. i got the dual rect solo mesa. with a slant 4x12 cab. sounds amazing. but was TONS OF MONEY. so much it makes me nervous to play it XD

that amp can't do SRV.............
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
that amp can't do SRV.............

ya i decided cause it wasnt very essential to my music, id scratch out SRV.

and ill have pics up soon
Last edited by CrimsonXD at Feb 19, 2009,

the pics are from my phones camera, so sorry for the blurriness
Last edited by CrimsonXD at Feb 19, 2009,
Looks nice - enjoy. I love how Mesas come with covers lol.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by CrimsonXD
I play through a 2007 Fender Standard Strat and a Epiphone g400 (yeah not the best guitar)

lol that G-400 will be a BEAST of a guitar when you upgrade the guts. wouldn't trade mine for the world.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Splawn Quickrod FTW!
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
the title screamed XXX to me.... lol
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by slash_rocks2005
lol that G-400 will be a BEAST of a guitar when you upgrade the guts. wouldn't trade mine for the world.

what'd you do to yours?
Quote by CrimsonXD
what'd you do to yours?

if you just replace the picups its sounds a milion times better, i put a pearly gates in mine and its really nice
Quote by eberg2
if you just replace the picups its sounds a milion times better, i put a pearly gates in mine and its really nice

ya mine's action is really messed up