hey guys
i need some quick advice on a mixer for recording demos and practicing.

we need 8 inputs for drums, 3 for vocals, 1 for bass and 2 guitars.
we probably wont need them all at once so a 14 input mixer would be good i think.

im not entirely sure what we would need.

advice or suggestions please?

edit: up to 400 on a mixer, i'd really rather spend less obviously.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Last edited by Tatersalad1080 at Feb 13, 2009,
Rather than spending $400 on a mixer which offers no use for recording get an audio interface such as the 10 in, 10 out PreSonus FP10

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-FP10-10x10-FireWire-Interface?sku=242036

This interface will route each input to its own track. An analog mixer will mix everything and offer no real use in a digital studio.

If you need more inputs, buy up to 3 of the FP10s and daisy chain them with the firewire cable. This will give you plenty of ins and outs and will also route to each track on the computer sequencer.

Lastly, read Tweaks Guide, (In my sig)
Last edited by moody07747 at Feb 14, 2009,
the only problem with that is that we wont have a PA to put vocals through. most mixers have a stereo out which can be run into an interface which we have, or they have usb out to run into a PC.
with a mixer we have something to run our vocals through at practice, so the interface wont do unfortunately.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
The problem with using any mixer and running that to an interface is everything is mixed down making editing next to impossible...

You should try a firewire mixer/interface. Stay away from the USB ones as they also mix down. Firewire ones will send each input to its own track and give you all of the features of a analog PA mixer.