theres a lot of distortion coming through it even when its off. Its new and its been running on battery, is that the problem? Or is it the pedal itself.

Thanks!
Guitars
Fender American Strat
Gibson SG

Amps & Effects

Fender Superchamp XD
Digitech RP-3
Boss SD-1
what pedal are you talking about??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
check to see if the battery is dead, cables/jacks losse, the obvious stuff first, then go into more in-depth ideas. pop a new battery in and see if it's dead!
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Since it's new you should probably return it for a new one that works properly.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Its a Boss SD-1, and yea the LED went out but the pedal still works. When its on bypass theres some distortion though which is weird. I can't return it right away so I'm hoping its a battery issue cause usually the stock batteries don't last very long
Guitars
Fender American Strat
Gibson SG

Amps & Effects

Fender Superchamp XD
Digitech RP-3
Boss SD-1
Boss Pedals are buffered bypass, and usually when they die, no sound can be carried through the pedal. I've never experienced 9v sag unless a pedal was on....just complete silence. You should take it back...

Power adapters are worth a try, too. The Visual Sound one.Spot will power almost all of your pedals cleanly and cheaply.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
it sounds like the led was just burned out, id take it back
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}