Agiles or Epiphones.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
My trinity river les paul is pretty nice. but i've heard excellent reviews of the agile series. look those up.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Edwards. Without a doubt the best Les Paul clones. Some people even think they are better than the Gibsons.
Quote by Matt420740
Edwards. Without a doubt the best Les Paul clones. Some people even think they are better than the Gibsons.

Ya ive heard of Edwards.
Indeed they look very nice too bad Ive never had the chance to play one ...yet
27mMoV31II7.a2
ok cool
um just wondering about the j&d luthiers
they look really good but do they play well?
and would they ship to western australia
The Japanese brands are your friends here. I'm a fan of Tokai, myself.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Best ones? Morgaine. But those cost twice as much as Gibsons, so I guess that's not what you are looking for.

What's your budget?

Quote by RaisedOnRock
ok cool

They look okay, but I wouldn't expect too much. Just like a Squier Bullet looks okay, but the electronics crap out and the neck twists after a few years. Not like that's bound to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. You get what you pay for, or to be exact: You don't get what you don't pay for.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by RaisedOnRock
ok cool

I played one of the white LP customs and it was amazing. I was really pissed actually because not long before I'd bought an Epiphone LP studio and for close to the same price I could have got the J&D which was much nicer. I found the neck to be just a little slimmer and faster than you normally get on LP type guitars, they are finished beautifully and the sound was fantastic, very warm and rich, just what you'd expect from a LP really. After all that though I'd say you should definately try one before you buy if at all possible. Is there nowhere over your side that sells them?
Vintage do some serious nice les paul copies, and so do Cort.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by Waylanderau
I played one of the white LP customs and it was amazing. I was really pissed actually because not long before I'd bought an Epiphone LP studio and for close to the same price I could have got the J&D which was much nicer. I found the neck to be just a little slimmer and faster than you normally get on LP type guitars, they are finished beautifully and the sound was fantastic, very warm and rich, just what you'd expect from a LP really. After all that though I'd say you should definately try one before you buy if at all possible. Is there nowhere over your side that sells them?

ive had a look at all my local music stores
but i havent come across any j&d luthiers
i dont go further out than an hours drive tho
I've played a could J&D's and they really are great value for money. I played a PRS Cu 22 look a like that cost $600 and it played better than similar guitars in the $1000 mark.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Dean Soltero, Leslie West custom. Fn Sweet. Otherwise Heritage make some sweet lps. Agile is a pretty good choice and a lot of epi copies are almost as good as the real thing.
Guitars > Pedals > Amps > Sabbath >
Go with a Tokai, my guitar teacher compared mine favorably to his Gibson the other day, the only thing he prefers about the gibson is that he could sell for about ten times the amount I could sell mine for!
Quote by Kurapica
The Japanese brands are your friends here.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get a Tokai, blows the awful Epiphone out of the water then cums on its face. Just make sure it's a Japanese model, the craftsmanship is unbeatable.
You have Greco or Navigator in MIJ too but Navigator base price is $4000 so ... I don't know
I don't know what your budget is but the Gibson Les Paul Studio is pretty amazing. I have an alpine white 06 Studio LP. It has a great thick sound. I would atleast try one out if you are looking for a LP.