hey, so I'm changing my stock HSS strat pick ups to 57/62 reissues.

does a push/pull pot affect the original tone of a guitar at all when it's in "off" position?

I've found a loaded pickguard on the net of the right colour, but it comes with an installed push/pull pot "that adds two new switching positions: tele style neck and bridge."

i'm obsessed with getting the vintage strat sound and wouldn't really use the push pull pot.
the push/pull pot doesn't change anything in the "off" (down) position. if it bothers you when you get it you can always just swap the pot out for a regular one, but it shouldn't be a problem.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
As long as its off it shouldn't affect anything. I would personally take that pot out, and rewire it for a standard pot, if you have no use for it.
Quote by vik_man
hey, so I'm changing my stock HSS strat pick ups to 57/62 reissues.

does a push/pull pot affect the original tone of a guitar at all when it's in "off" position?

I've found a loaded pickguard on the net of the right colour, but it comes with an installed push/pull pot "that adds two new switching positions: tele style neck and bridge."

i'm obsessed with getting the vintage strat sound and wouldn't really use the push pull pot.
it depends on what the switch is wired to do. In this case it sounds like it's wired to do a neck-on or bridge-on function. So when "off" there would be no change from the normal switching. You should expect this to sound like any other strat with standard 5way switching and that array of pickups.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
correct me if i'm wrong but...
a push/pull pot is two functions in one. Theres a pot... and then theres a completely separate switch. unless you connected a wire from the pot function to the switch function they are unrelated

the pot has the same 3 terminals... and then attached to the housing is usually a 6 terminal switch that has simply an "up" or "down" position. where "up" connects the top 2 pins to the center pair, and down connects the bottom 2 to the center pair.
What I play:
CustomShop '51 Nocaster Relic
'88 "C" neck Clapton Strat
'08 Strat HSH
Fender Princeton Recording Amp
Boss Micro-BR