Page 1 of 2
I'm pretty sure there is an answer somewhere, but i'm too lazy too look into it with depth..

But.. I read somewhere that the movie "The Blair witch Project" was based on a true story. In some place, they actually did find three college students dead under a 100 year old house. Along with tapes, recording, backpacks, and journal of the three college students..

It was on the news at some point in time, and i'm curious, is there a video or article of the Relevance between the two?
Last edited by Filter at Feb 13, 2009,
...SPOILER:

It's all fake. A Technique called "Marketing."
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I said BASED on a true story!

There was a similar crime, that has similarities to the movie, and I was looking for maybe a news article about it, or a video? Just for curiosity..
Quote by Cheesemaster
The Blair Witch Project is a true story

not sure about the Blair With Project. Is it a parody?

Last edited by Filter at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by Filter

There was a similar crime, that has similarities to the movie, and I was looking for maybe a news article about it, or a video? Just for curiosity..

They say it's based on a true story but I think that was just part of the movie. Otherwise nobody would make such a stupid sequel.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
You could have added more info than "If..." in the thread title you know. Then I wouldn't have wasted my time on it.
Quote by Dionietzsche
You could have added more info than "If..." in the thread title you know. Then I wouldn't have wasted my time on it.

I put "Is.."

And I seriously think a lot of you need to learn how to properly read..
Quote by Filter

why should I? It's your faul you have sand in your vagina, why should I suffer it?
Last edited by Cheesemaster at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by Cheesemaster
yeah.. that link doesn't work for me... not sure what it is so.... not sure how to take it

tip: take the swear word out of the link

Fixed..

And if you're not going to Contribute anything to the subject.. then don't bother posting.. Just a tip.
Quote by Filter

No... Like someone said before me it's called MARKETING... they do that stuff so people will get interested like yourself for example.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
no it's not based on a true story, but they went through a lot of effort (including making a couple of fake TV documentaries) to make everyone think it was.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by connor045
fake. and terrible movie by the way, so anti-climatic.

was/is the only movie that scared me. It resonates with what fear is to me , no direction, little hope and so on... its for certain people I guess.

TS you may also like the macpherson tapes.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Quote by Shredder6
was/is the only movie that scared me. It resonates with what fear is to me , no direction, little hope and so on... its for certain people I guess.

TS you may also like the macpherson tapes.

That's extremely hard to find.. I'm surprised someone knew about it..

I haven't seen the whole tape..
Quote by Filter
That's extremely hard to find.. I'm surprised someone knew about it..

I haven't seen the whole tape..

there was a remake and then there is the original.

I've only seen clips of the original I can't find it anywhere either.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
no it's not based on a true story, but they went through a lot of effort (including making a couple of fake TV documentaries) to make everyone think it was.

is there any evidence to back this up or is it just "obvious"
Quote by Filter
I put "Is.."

And I seriously think a lot of you need to learn how to properly read..

So I put If instead of Is. I guess that makes me a dumb ass. It probably also makes you infinitely smarter than me

The point is, you could have easily told us what this thread was about, but you didn't so more people would check it out of curiosity. And it wasted my time. In fact, why am I still here? Goodbye.
Quote by Cheesemaster
do you have a torrents or limewire? try searching those

Tried, the tape has been pretty much wiped from existance.. and banned in some websites and places..
Quote by Filter
Tried, the tape has been pretty much wiped from existance.. and banned in some websites and places..

I can probably find it..... (seaches google)
Quote by Cheesemaster
is there any evidence to back this up or is it just "obvious"

It's pretty obvious, if something that weird actually happened, then it would have been all over the news well before the movie came out.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
It's pretty obvious, if something that weird actually happened, then it would have been all over the news well before the movie came out.

that's it?

1. you probably weren't old enough to remember it if it was all over the news.

2. I want at least 17 sources backing up your claims that the movie is fake. (16 sources isn't gunna cute it), if you find at least 17 I'll believe you, but until then you're full of sh*t
Quote by Dionietzsche
The point is, you could have easily told us what this thread was about, but you didn't so more people would check it out of curiosity. And it wasted my time. In fact, why am I still here? Goodbye.

i agree. my time spent online is very, very valuable. whenever i log onto ug it's because i'm so busy.
Quote by Cheesemaster
that's it?

1. you probably weren't old enough to remember it if it was all over the news.

2. I want at least 17 sources backing up your claims that the movie is fake. (16 sources isn't gunna cute it), if you find at least 17 I'll believe you, but until then you're full of sh*t

1. That is possible (assuming that this happened sometime before the late 80s), however that doesn't account for the lack of true crime books, or the lack of the Blair Witch people pointing to a specific real life case.

2. How about you show me 17 sources saying that it did happen, that would actually be a lot easier.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
1. That is possible (assuming that this happened sometime before the late 80s), however that doesn't account for the lack of true crime books, or the lack of the Blair Witch people pointing to a specific real life case.

2. How about you show me 17 sources saying that it did happen, that would actually be a lot easier.

I'm demanding your 17 sources, I love you pricks on this site you post your opinion as fact. Plus I'm too lazy to do it I have more less important things to do than prove some prick on the internet I'm right.
Quote by Cheesemaster
I'm demanding your 17 sources, I love you pricks on this site you post your opinion as fact. Plus I'm too lazy to do it I have more less important things to do than prove some prick on the internet I'm right.

I'm stating facts, not my opinion, if I wanted to state my opinion I would talk about how crappy the movie was or something. Theres not really a lot of room to have an opinion on whether or not said events happened, they either did or they didn't, and in this case, they didn't, period, the people who made it even came out later and said that they made it all up.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I'm stating facts, not my opinion, if I wanted to state my opinion I would talk about how crappy the movie was or something. Theres not really a lot of room to have an opinion on whether or not said events happened, they either did or they didn't, and in this case, they didn't, period.

If you're so stuck on it find my 17 sources, then I'll apologise, until then you're a prick.

Plus don't argue with cheese you'll get bit
Quote by Cheesemaster
If you're so stuck on it find my 17 sources, then I'll apologise, until then you're a prick.

Stop being a douche.. and a troll. It's really annoying..
Quote by Cheesemaster

no, you're a prick, you're the one who's being overly argumentative about something stupid here.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
no, you're a prick, you're the one who's being overly argumentative about something stupid here.

that's because you were dumb enough to fall for it.

plus I prefer the term bitch thank you oh so kindly
Not relevant, but the initials of Blair Witch Project are the same as Blackwater Park, one of the best albums ever.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Cheesemaster
that's because you were dumb enough to fall for it.

plus I prefer the term bitch thank you oh so kindly

Dumb, no, drunk, very, you're the one childish enough to troll a guitar forum, prick.

Last.fm
Quote by whalepudding
Not relevant, but the initials of Blair Witch Project are the same as Blackwater Park, one of the best albums ever.

No since "Blackwater" is only one word.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Page 1 of 2