my jackson comes stock with F-space humbuckers. I always wondered why that was. the RR5FR doesnt and neither does the RR1... the poles are not exactly under the string. it is a little off. im wondering if it's normally a bit off. im shopping for new pickups so i need to know what style to buy.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
F-spaced (DiMarzio) or trembuckers (Seymour Duncan) have wider pole spacing and are made to accommodate Strat and Floyd Rose type trems. Regular spaced humbuckers are spaced for hardtails, Tune-o_Matics. What bridge does your RR5 have?
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Sometimes you find f-spaced in guitars that aren't f-spaced because that's what was lying around at the time they made the guitar. That and it doesn't really make any difference in sound.

If you're getting new pick ups you might as well get the correct ones for your guitar. Other than that there's no point sweating it.
All RR's with trem's come with F-Spaced/TB'd puppies. Change yours out, and make sure their normal spaced.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
If you have a Kahler bridge, do you use F spaced pickups?
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
it's a tune-o-matic style bridge. it's just stock on all RR5's for somereason. and the RR1 is floyd, but they put on regular ones.. that kinda pisses me off haha. they put normal JB's on a floyd guitar, but they put F-spaced on the one without trem.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Alot of import guitars with tune-o-matic style bridges need F-spaced pickups or trembuckers. Gibsons and other USA guitars need regular spaced pickups.

how am i supposed to be able to tell? they put regular spaced humbuckers on the USA guitar with floyds and F-spaced on import guitars with out floyds.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by DSOTM80
F-spaced (DiMarzio) or trembuckers (Seymour Duncan) have wider pole spacing and are made to accommodate Strat and Floyd Rose type trems. Regular spaced humbuckers are spaced for hardtails, Tune-o_Matics. What bridge does your RR5 have?

+1.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
hm... seems they changed their stock pickups. what the hell. now the RR5 has regular spaced. so i guess that means i should get regular spaced pups huh?
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Even the hardtails use F-spaced pups. My Carvin DC127 which is TOM and string through have the F-spaced bucker in the bridge.

They go by neck width not the trems.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
This is from Dimarzio's website.
F-Spacing:
How do I know which spacing to use?
F-spaced pickups measure 2.01" (51 mm) center-to-center from the first polepiece to the sixth. Standard-spaced pickups measure 1.90" (48 mm). Although some players believe that F-spaced pickups are only for the bridge position of tremolo bridge guitars, many guitars with fixed bridges (including late 1990s Gibson Les Pauls and Epiphone LPs) should have F-spaced pickups in the bridge position. Most tremolo equipped guitars that have a nut width of 1-11/16 (43mm) or more should also use an F-spaced pickup in the neck position. If you’re replacing a bridge-position pickup and you're not sure what your string-spacing is, it's usually better to get an F-spaced model. It is not necessary for the strings to pass exactly over the center of the polepieces for best performance, but it is wise to avoid a situation where the E strings are sitting completely outside of the outer polepieces.
damn this is confusing. i measured it and m pups are 53 mm from the middle of the first pole piece to the middle of the sixth. however my strings are barely under the pole pieces. the poles are a bit too much on the outside of the strings. this mean i gotta go for regular spaced stuff? the measurement is 51 mm from sixth to first strings on my guitar
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack