Alright, I just watched a performance by the Derek Trucks band, and I'm impressed. It's imprinted three things on me though;

1. I need a guitar to leave in G.
2. I need to learn to do more with slide than a weird little birdlike sound I figured out and the slide lead on the first half of Free Bird.
3. Danelectros aren't that bad for twang/slide.

Going into the last one, there are a few Danelectro U2 reissues on the local Craigslist. Can I get some opinions on one as a slide/G-tuning/twang(until I get a tele) guitar?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by necrosis1193
2. I need to learn to do more with slide than a weird little birdlike sound I figured out.

Hahahaha

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Quote by Mattalac
Hahahaha

If you aren't going to contribute, please don't post. I know I suck with slide. That's because I've never used one that much and just got it on a whim because I had a coupon to get one free item under $5 with the purchase of $25 of strings a couple months ago.

Quote by necrosis1193
If you aren't going to contribute, please don't post. I know I suck with slide. That's because I've never used one that much and just got it on a whim because I had a coupon to get one free item under $5 with the purchase of $25 of strings a couple months ago.

dude, relax, i suck with a slide, but if there's one thing dime taught us all, it's those weird assed noises that count.
Quote by blandguitar
dude, relax, i suck with a slide, but if there's one thing dime taught us all, it's those weird assed noises that count.

XD I suppose you're right there. Still, I'd love to be able to play entire songs in G with a slide on top of the noises rather than just a few noises.

Quote by blandguitar
dude, relax, i suck with a slide, but if there's one thing dime taught us all, it's that raping a whammy bar is an instant way to achieve stage presence..

Fixed

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.