-Price range: as low as possible (beginner), as long as it doesn't fall apart as soon as it -reaches my friend's hand.
-I'm guessing that he is better off with a non electro-acoustic, right?
-I'm not sure if cutaway is a big deal for him really. Is it advisable not to have one?
-I'm not sure if he can go used either, I'll ask him tomorrow.
-I don't know the main differences between nylon and steel. Can anyone clarify pros and cons of each? With one would be better for Opeth-like acoustic passages?

Also, I'll make sure to show him the most important threads here, maybe even encourage him to join UG...
If I left anything out, let me know.

EDIT: (question of mine) how hard is it to find a 7-string acoustic? It doesn't really matter if it's electro-acoustic or not, as long as it has 7-strings and can be played...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by camhussynec
dean v

My friend doesn't play electric either. I don't think he's looking for a mix of both.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Fender cd 60 cheap and reliable costs about £70.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by camhussynec
dean v

Why do you keep posting this?

Anyways, what's your budget limit? It's hard to recommend a guitar when you don't know how much the person has to spend. As low as possible is kinda general
Quote by MCone
Anyways, what's your budget limit? It's hard to recommend a guitar when you don't know how much the person has to spend. As low as possible is kinda general

Just something for a beginner to start out with... I'm a noob when it comes to acoustics, so I don't really know the 'right' amount of money that should be spent.
As long as he doesn't have to replace something (like tuners, bridge, etc) right away, it'll be fine.

I hear Ibanez and Fender acoustics aren't good though. Should he truly avoid them? Everyone I know that plays an acoustic owns an Ibanez.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Ibanez acoustics are pretty poor. I have £200 Washburn, you can probably get it for cheaper, and I'm very happy with it.
Quote by michal23
Ibanez acoustics are pretty poor. I have £200 Washburn, you can probably get it for cheaper, and I'm very happy with it.

Yeah, I can tell from most of the opinions of this forum...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Bump. Ok let's say that theoretically he has 300 bucks to spend.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420