I'm in the market for a Blues Junior and there are currently two listings on Craigs List. One is just a regular, factory Blues Junior for $275. The other is for $425 had some mods done to it:
"The Output Transformer has been upgraded and it has a Ruby reverb tank. It has also been modded and sounds great. Some of the mods are: power supply stiffening, tone stack, reverb, bias, metal film plate resistors, shielded jack. The mods are all to improve tone and quiet the amp.
Amp works and sounds great. Tolex and control panel show normal signs of use and age. Has original speaker. You can also take all the el84's I have. I think it's 3 or 4 sets (all have been used in the amp)."

Think it's worth the extra $100 something dollars or would it be cheaper to throw in some of these mods on my own?
PM Kevin_Saale. He's working on doing some of that stuff. I think that's a great price for all those mods.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
yeah listen to theoreticmusic
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Err, I tried to PM the dude, but apparently his user name does not exist? I dunno, that's the message I'm getting when I try to Pm him.
it's just kevin saale no underscore
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
He exists. Use the PM function from your Profile not up by search bar. Also you can track him down if he doesn't see this (and I'm sure he will) by using Members List. He was last on 9 hours ago.

Here is a start:

http://www.williamsvintageamps.com/mods/Blues_Jr/mods_blues_jr.shtml

you can also Google it
Personally I wouldn't bother, I'd go with the original and spend the extra dosh on a quality speaker and tube upgrade.

If there's something about the amp you don't like after doing that then thats the time to consider modifications imo.
Sounds like BiilM's mods. I live close to him and he modded one for me with most of those mods you mentioned. Made the world of diifference IMO. I would go for the modded one. It makes a world of difference.
275 is a great price for a blues jr, but the price for all those mods is pretty good too, try to play both amps and see if you need the mods
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I got mine $400 new, so that sounds like a great deal.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X