Page 1 of 2
ok ive been looking for a new guitar for months now and i just cant seem to find a guitar i really like

so im gunna give it one last try with a bit of UG's help
im looking for a punk rock guitar with a good punk , hardcore harmonic (rise against etc.) and clean sound
i dont want a floyd rose
id prefer a set neck but its not such a biggy
o yea and i play on a peavey bandit 112 (im thinking of uprgrading to a mesa double rect after i get this guitar)
thanks in advance
Last edited by kennel at Feb 14, 2009,
o yea i forgot my price range is about 1000US internet price(case included in 1000 so its really about 900)
so like a guitar will b 1200 in store and like 800 on muscians friend
ESP LTD EC-1000 model in the finish that comes with the duncan combo
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter Hollywood classic

Really,any strat or LP style that's good quality with a versatile set of pups will do those tones.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

wow the hollywood classic is beautiful
i wish they still made it in se thru balck
Quote by kennel
wow the hollywood classic is beautiful
i wish they still made it in se thru balck

Check Ebay and smaller online retailers,they may still have it in stock.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

can any1 recommend me a LP for under a thousand thats not a real cheapo gibson or a epiphone?

also feel free to recommend anyting u think is suited to my style
Quote by kennel
can any1 recommend me a LP for under a thousand thats not a real cheapo gibson or a epiphone?

also feel free to recommend anyting u think is suited to my style

The EC-1000 is an LP shaped guitar.If I remember right I saw the guitarist in Rise Against using a black EC in the video for the song "Give it all".

Edit: I just checked and at 0:58 in the video he's clearly playing an EC model,hope that helps.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Feb 14, 2009,
Tokai? Burny? Though these may sound more like Gibsons than Gibsons now.
Maybe you can find a Gordon Smith Classic or SG somewhere. I think both would suit your needs perfectly.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

This may seem like a silly question, but have you gone to a couple of guitar stores and tried every guitar in the price range?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
yep

i dont know what it is but every guitar i try there seems to be something i dont like about it
i know it sounds stupid but i like for my guitars to be exactly what i want
Well Rise Against uses Gibson LP's, could check those out. Provided you have the money.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I still think an EC-1000 is your best bet.You might actually be able to find a real ESP Eclipse in your price range on the used market,which would be an awesome guitar on par with Gibson level LP's.

Schecters
Strats maybe?
Its alot cheaper than your budget but a Cort KX1Q.
LP's.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
schecters seem nice and ive only heard good things about em but i cant find a store in my area that stocks em and i dont wanna buy without trying
How about a used Gibson Flying V? set neck, clean sound, nice weight, ect ect.
i probly wudnt buy on ebay ive had a few bad experiences with ebay
Quote by kennel
ok ive been looking for a new guitar for months now and i just cant seem to find a guitar i really like

so im gunna give it one last try with a bit of UG's help
im looking for a punk rock guitar with a good punk , hardcore harmonic (rise against etc.) and clean sound
i dont want a floyd rose
id prefer a set neck but its not such a biggy
o yea and i play on a peavey bandit 112 (im thinking of uprgrading to a mesa double rect after i get this guitar)
thanks in advance

Get LP Addict from the GB&C to build you one
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
well all those are good ideas but any1 got any suggestions for just a plain good punk guitar
Quote by kennel
well all those are good ideas but any1 got any suggestions for just a plain good punk guitar

What subgenre?

If you're looking for a guitar for Melodic Hardcore Les Pauls style guitars are good...well...Les Paul Style guitars are very good for pretty much every sub-genre of punk.
So yeah...best bet would be a Les Paul style guitar.

For my band (oi/streetpunk/hardcore) I use a Fender Mustang (main), and a Squier Jagmaster (used only for 4 songs in a set)....but on Tuesday I am picking up a Sparrow Rat Rod Ace (les paul style guitar from Sparrow). I'm gonna play with the Rat Rod alot when I get it, and see if it should become my main guitar, or if this mustang stays as #1.
well id probly play mainly hardcare harmonic stuff
but i tend to play anything so ill play normal punk, metal and acoustic stuff every now and then so id prefer something with a bit of versatility
Quote by kennel
well id probly play mainly hardcare harmonic stuff
but i tend to play anything so ill play normal punk, metal and acoustic stuff every now and then so id prefer something with a bit of versatility

I'm gonna assume by "normal" punk you mean bands like The Sex Pistols, and The Ramones?
If so Steve Jones used a les paul, and Johnny Ramone used a morisite guitar
hmm it seems everything is pointing to a LP

but i cant seem to find the right one
id want probly a flat black or white non epiphone(dont like em they just feel cheap)
and the ltd's have emgs which probly wouldnt suit

any ideas?
You can get the EC-1000 with either Seymour Duncan JB (B) /59 (N) or EMG's (60 and 81)
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_deluxe-ec.html
They really are awesome guitars, had one before upgrading to The ESP eclipse.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
too much albalone cant breathe lol

anyway whats the diff between a esp eclipse and a litd EC
Well the ESP is just better quality build, it feels so much nicer and plays nicer and sounds nicer and it's just more awesome in ever way lol
yeah after a bit I really started to dislike abalone on my Ltd

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
god damn i wish ltd or esp made eclipses any colour but sunburst with SDs
yeah that would be cools but I guess you could always change the pick-ups but of course that would mean more money s=

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Feb 14, 2009,
I've tried like 10 different Les Paul styled guitars for under $1000 in the last week. I've tried the ones from these companies:

PRS SE
LTD
Sparrow
Epiphone
Hagstrom

I've settled on a used LTD EC-400 with the Seymour Duncan pickups. See if you can try one out a store in your area. It doesn't have too much abalone like Schecters do and the EC-1000 model, and it comes with good pickups (Duncan '59 and JB).
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
i know its kinda stupid
infact really stupid but i dont want want a sunburst LP lol
seems like a awesome guitar but i already got a guitar that kinda resembles and SG and im not really looking at getting something almost the same as i got now
Quote by kennel
yep
i dont know what it is but every guitar i try there seems to be something i dont like about it
i know it sounds stupid but i like for my guitars to be exactly what i want

LOL. I just realised we both live in Canberra. How random!

I had a lot of trouble finding the guitar I wanted when I bought my last electric, I was also on the verge of giving up, until a guy gave me a $1,400 discount on a Godin LG Signature.

Yeah, Schecter C-1s are hard to find here, but I talked to a couple of guys at different stores and they said they weren't all that. It's good that Australia doesn't really have the whole "guitar-fad" things going.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Page 1 of 2