Someone wanna help? Ants and some red-coloured spider-ant-like bugs keeps eating my basil plant. I think the ants hide by the roots of the plant, and I mixed some eco-store biodegradeable dishwash liquid into water and watered my basil with it. It worked for a bit but they're back again =\

BTW, my basil is in a plant pot.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
its in the house? i hope not, that isnt normal for a house plant to get bugs like that..i mean i have a few plants in my house and the leaves get eaten from time to time, but never bad enough that i actually seen it happen
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
do it again, and repeat until they stop coming back maybe?
also, i heard that garlic plants repel animals, not sure if this applies to bugs too, but you can just stick some freshish (ie: not totally dead) garlic cloves in that pot and see if that starts to help.
worst case scenario you turn that clove of garlic into a bulb of garlic in a few months ;P
would small amounts of that ant killing dust stuff not work? That doesn't harm plants does it?

It's like sand that ants are attracted to, and are poisoned by it.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Just keep doing what you were doing with the water. Just water it with that shit now.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
hahaha, hahaha.
Move the Basil plant? or ask about it in Bunnings or something.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by silent caution
its in the house? i hope not, that isnt normal for a house plant to get bugs like that..i mean i have a few plants in my house and the leaves get eaten from time to time, but never bad enough that i actually seen it happen

Nope was outside in my backyard however I just moved it to the deck/balcony now to see if that works. There's snails here though :stickpoke
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
^ hey man, F*ck you

Gardening is bad ass
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
crush em and sniff em, the ammonia gives you a cheap high, talk about jonesing holmes. has to be the right ant tho.
Last edited by deadeyedick at Feb 14, 2009,
Try growing a lavender plant next to it in pot. Worked for me to get rid of bugs off my basil.
Quote by epiphysis
Try growing a lavender plant next to it in pot. Worked for me to get rid of bugs off my basil.

Oh complimentary plants which scare the other's bugs off? I think tomato plants do the same for basil?
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
I used to know someone who grew weed in between his tomatoes.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
I think you should put a big "aaaaah!" at the start of your post, so when you hover your mouse over the thread title, you see "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Someone wanna help? Ants and some red-coloured spider-ant-like bugs keeps eating my..."

And then lol when people come in expecting them to be eating your head or something.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Eat their basil plant.
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
This trick will work for the snails and probably for the ants too.
Put the Basil pot on a stand and put the whole lot in a dish. Put enough beer in the dish to form a moat. Pests come along and either go away, thwarted or have to drink some beer. The beer is lethal to them so they die drunk.
The alternative for ants is a product called 'nip' which is a sugary liquid they enjoy. It kills them and makes their bodies toxic. Other ants eat them, which they always do, and die, too. A few drops will kill a colony of ants and red house mites in 48 hours.

Percy Thrower
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x