How do you count 6 notes. Also with a metronome that'd be 6 notes per click right?

I know how to count other notes.
what time signature are you in?

Edit: I guess i'll just give any scenario.

If you are in 6/8 time, then you count [1-2-3-4-5-6], just like you would with 2 sets of triplets, putting the emphasis on 1 and 4.

If you're in 4/4 or 3/4 time, then you would count it [1 + 2 + 3 +].

But if the notes are grouped together with a bar and have a 6 under them, go with the first idea and count them as 2 triplets together.

As for the metronome clicks, if they are sixteenth notes, they get 1 click. If they are eighth notes, then they get 2 clicks.

I hope I helped you here, but please be more specific next time.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Feb 14, 2009,
If you mean 6 notes a bar it's either 6/8 time signature or if it's slow 6/4.
Personally I count 1 2 3 1 2 3.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
I think he means like 6 notes in the time it takes to play one in a measure like a double speed triplet
Sextuplets, also called sixteenth note triplets, are six notes per beat. The easiest way to count them is to take a word that has 3 syllables, like Mex-i-co and double it. Practice saying Mex-i-co Mex-i-co to your metronome, until you can feel it. Then play along. Go SLOWLY!
There's my way and the wrong way.
Sorry to double post but I'm talking about the first lick he plays by the way. It's a really neat sounding lick and it's good for picking I'd like to be able to play it at that speed but if I don't know how to count it there's no sense in practicing it to a metronome lol
yea, it's just 1 + 2 + 3 +

Also, that's my guitar
Check out my band Disturbed
Ah, sweet, thanks!

Yeah PGM is a nice guitar, too bad I don't have a job or I'd be saving up for one..