Poll: Which multi-effect pedal?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which multi-effect pedal?
Boss me-70
8 36%
Zoom g7.1ut
2 9%
Other
12 55%
Voters: 22.
Hi im looking for a good multi effect pedal.budget is $300. i was thinking one of these

Boss me-70

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-ME70-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=450839

or

Zoom g7.1ut
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ZOMG71UT

My guitar is a Epiphone les paul standard and amp is roland cube 20x. I play everything but mostly its classic rock, blues, punk rock and 80's metal. Oh yeah and how do i change my sig.? i need to update it... cant find it in my profile.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Get a used Line 6 Flextone instead. All the effects in the world and far better tone than the cube.
i want multi effect pedal not amp. so would a line 6 pod xt live be better? i heard its only good for metal...
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Quote by guitar-godfrey
and to edit the sig its in control panel https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/usercp.php?

thanks
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
anyone? come on help me
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Yes the line 6 will be better. If you want to go cheap you can get a KORG for like 50 bucks. has great sounds but is difficult to use.

What I'm not getting is why you need it with a roland cube? A cube is a modeling amp... why would you need more effects really on that amp? I mean for what it is....
Quote by Horlicks
Shame the tone isn't as awesome as the styling...

havent had any problems from the tone in mine. it has so much equalization that if you cant get a tone the problem may be you lol.
Eh the tone from almost all multi effects suck unless you are using it for JUST effects. pedals just can't produce amp sounds that they claim they can.
I'd get a used Vox Tonelab SE or LE (doesn't really matter which one) if I was you, it'll do the tones you want. It's better when it comes to crunch than any other multi pedal I've tried so far. Many people prefer a line6 POD for heavy lead tones though.

However, those multi pedals sound best through a large combo or a PA system with proper speakers. A lot of their potential gets lost when you're just using them with a Cube20. If you want the best tones you can get for around 300 bucks, a Flextone is, like Horlicks said, the best option.
Hell if you got 300 bucks save up a little more and get a better amp. You can get a tube vypyr for 469. So, there ya go. Tube tone and all the effects and amp models you'll need. They sound very realistic too.

Edit if you don't want to save I think the 75 watt solid state version is only 299. Which imo kills the cube too.
Quote by TheQuailman
I'd get a used Vox Tonelab SE or LE (doesn't really matter which one) if I was you, it'll do the tones you want. It's better when it comes to crunch than any other multi pedal I've tried so far. Many people prefer a line6 POD for heavy lead tones though.

However, those multi pedals sound best through a large combo or a PA system with proper speakers. A lot of their potential gets lost when you're just using them with a Cube20. If you want the best tones you can get for around 300 bucks, a Flextone is, like Horlicks said, the best option.

can the vox tonelab le do metal? i heard its only good for blues and classic rock.
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
it can do metal, but not as good as the GT 8-10/ live pod's according to some.

but seriously, get that 2nd hand flextone, running a digital modeling system through a digital amp will sound like a fartbox real quickly.

the flextone can do whatever genre you want and it's got the effects you want(cube also has the modulations btw) and is is a better amp overall.

http://www.line6.com/flextoneiii/index.html

EDIT (again): or if you really REALLY REALLY want a multy FX pedal, get a headphone for it or some PA/synth speakers
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by holycow
i want multi effect pedal not amp. so would a line 6 pod xt live be better? i heard its only good for metal...

XT Live is better, but with a cube? Good luck to ya.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by jymellis
havent had any problems from the tone in mine. it has so much equalization that if you cant get a tone the problem may be you lol.

What does the equalisation have to do with anything if the basic sound is utter shit?

By that logic, anyone can make a Squier practice amp sound like a Marshall stack if they whack a 10 band EQ in the back.

If you can get a good tone, maybe the problem is your ears.
Last edited by Horlicks at Feb 14, 2009,
Line 6 is pretty good. I love their DL4, MM4, etc.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
well which should i get boss me-70,zoom g7.1ut or line 6 pod xt live? ill just use headphones for now and later ill get a good tube amp. i cant get a 2nd flextone cuz ebay sucks here...
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Quote by holycow
well which should i get boss me-70,zoom g7.1ut or line 6 pod xt live? ill just use headphones for now and later ill get a good tube amp. i cant get a 2nd flextone cuz ebay sucks here...
The ME series are meant to be used as separate pedals in a single board. The other multifx include amp and cabinet modeling which is good for recording. So of the 3 I would suggest the XT Live (I have an X3 Live). I would also suggest looking at the GNX4 (I also have), if you think that having an 8 Track Recorder, Looper, and Drum machine in your multifx is useful (I do).

Multifx take work to get to sound good because the presets aren't designed for your unique setup. Stop listening to the people who say multifx sound like crap. But take heed that they take more work to get a great tone than plopping a few high priced pedals in front of a tube amp.
that Boss ME-70 looks ****ing SICK
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by holycow
can the vox tonelab le do metal? i heard its only good for blues and classic rock.

It can, but some people just prefer the Line6 POD. You'll have to try them to see.

But still, a used Flextone seems like the best idea.