ok so some how i stumbled in to a band and were going to nashville to record on sunday, which is awesome but i just joined i couple of days ago. so today i get to spend no time with the gf and i have to meet with the guys and learn like 15 songs and teach them mine so we can figure out what to record. Im pretty sure tomorrow is going to be hell and im so nevous about the hole recording thing.
Your point being?
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Quote by exiledsoul
Your point being?

idk its just crazy
thought i would share
Wait, you have to learn 15 songs by Sunday so you can record them with a band you've only been playing with for a couple of days? Are you a professional musician or just hopeful? I have a feeling that's going to be a harsh and frustrating experience for you all. I mean no offense, but damn...
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
You're a country band right?
If you are, 15 songs consist of C G Am D in different orders
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Wait, you have to learn 15 songs by Sunday so you can record them with a band you've only been playing with for a couple of days? Are you a professional musician or just hopeful? I have a feeling that's going to be a harsh and frustrating experience for you all. I mean no offense, but damn...

im just hopeful its going to suck and its probably going to show come sunday when i get into the studio
but im going to just try and cope with it all im sure my fingers are going to fall off and im going to lose my voice
i just hope it pays off
Quote by FFTLxx
You're a country band right?
If you are, 15 songs consist of C G Am D in different orders

no not contry
just because were recording in nashville dosent make us a country band
Quote by StSOF
no not contry

I was making a humorous generalisation.
I pretty much knew you weren't country
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by StSOF
no not contry

...really.
Quote by Avedas
...really.

really..
the stuff is pretty diffrent
i dont know what to call it
Quote by StSOF
im just hopeful its going to suck and its probably going to show come sunday when i get into the studio
but im going to just try and cope with it all im sure my fingers are going to fall off and im going to lose my voice
i just hope it pays off

I regretted my post after I clicked the button man. I really only meant to warn you because of my own similar experience from years ago, but then again it will be good experience and I very well could be wrong about what I said (and I hope I am). Good luck and have fun
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
I regretted my post after I clicked the button man. I really only meant to warn you because of my own similar experience from years ago, but then again it will be good experience and I very well could be wrong about what I said (and I hope I am). Good luck and have fun

thanks i dont want it to be bad because if this goes somewhere i dont want to be kicked out
i dont want to get dave mustained lol
ooh god... prepare for one of the most frustrating experiences of your life, it's mainly the bands fault for giving you such short notice, but unless you are well traned session musician that's going to be hell. Also don't expect to get more than one or two songs done in one day.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
ooh god... prepare for one of the most frustrating experiences of your life, it's mainly the bands fault for giving you such short notice, but unless you are well traned session musician that's going to be hell. Also don't expect to get more than one or two songs done in one day.

i really have no idea about anything to do with recording
but i do have a passion for what i do
if i can hold on to it i think i can make it through
Quote by StSOF
really..
the stuff is pretty diffrent
i dont know what to call it

Yeah, I was just kidding. Good luck though. Don't forget some T3's or Advil or whatever.
Quote by StSOF
i really have no idea about anything to do with recording
but i do have a passion for what i do
if i can hold on to it i think i can make it through

just tell me one thing, are these people trying to nock out 15 songs in a single session? or do you have the studio booked for like a week?

Last.fm
Quote by Avedas
Yeah, I was just kidding. Good luck though. Don't forget some T3's or Advil or whatever.

yeah for sure im going to need something
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
just tell me one thing, are these people trying to nock out 15 songs in a single session? or do you have the studio booked for like a week?

well i only know about the one day im sure its going to be more than that though
and the last time i talked to the drummer he said i needed to learn there 15 songs
so im pretty lost and im freaking out about it
Quote by StSOF
well i only know about the one day im sure its going to be more than that though
and the last time i talked to the drummer he said i needed to learn there 15 songs
so im pretty lost and im freaking out about it

Hoe experienced is this band, from what it sounds like they know next to nothing about how long recording takes and whatnot, the fact that they booked the studio knowing that they would have to do this sort of crap is a pretty bad sign, yo never book a studio unless you have a full and very well rehearsed band ready to go.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Hoe experienced is this band, from what it sounds like they know next to nothing about how long recording takes and whatnot, the fact that they booked the studio knowing that they would have to do this sort of crap is a pretty bad sign, yo never book a studio unless you have a full and very well rehearsed band ready to go.

well I hounestly dont think there that experienced and i dont think they even really know whats going on there selfs. i just hope we dont get down there and make asse's out of our selfs
i could go with out the ass stamp
I would hate to be the engineer for this session.

Can you say...TRAIN WRECK.
There's my way and the wrong way.