I'm having a hard time deciding.. Write the pros/cons of these guitars and it'll be easier for me..

Genre - Rock and metal
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
I have first hand experience with the Gibson flying V faded.
It is a shoddy guitar.

I love Vs but you are overpaying for a Gibson name. They don't use stranded wire, they use the brittle kind so you might be re-soldering the output jack frequently.
On the one my friend has, the tone pot is misplaced with the neck volume.
Worst of all, the saddles do not have slots cut in them.

Now maybe this guitar (brand new from GC) was a horrible fluke, but if you decide to buy a Gibson please check on these points before you buy.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I own a faded v and work for a dean dealer. The V was a total Impulse buy. Pretty much as soon as I got it home I started messing with the electronics. The pots were scratchy and the input jack was ****. The pups sound fantastic dirty but they don't clean up very well so I switched the stock set out for a SD Blackout bridge and now everything is gravy. The thing that really sold me was how easy it was to play, its just smooth. Not super fast but really comfortable. Pretty decent guitar for the money but it will prly need some work to get it where you want it.

The ML 79's are great guitars. The finish and build quality are awesome. They play pretty fast and the hardware is top notch for the money. It has a pretty warm and balanced tone but you might think about upgrading your pups if you want to scream with it. Dean's stock pickups aren't particularly high output and still fee lifeless to me. I get to play with one of these guitars quite a bit and honestly if I wouldve spent a bit more time shopping I prly would've picked the 79 over the Gibby.

I like my V now but it took awhile to get where I wanted. The ML 79 is a pretty sweet guitar straight off the rack. It really comes down to what your looking for in terms of tone and feel. Good luck man, these are both pretty decent axes.
Guitars > Pedals > Amps > Sabbath >
Gibson faded series are a bit of a joke, I played one when buying an Explorer (so it was an Explorer faded, not a V, but they'll be the same production wise.) The faded just felt horrible, while I liked the look, the wood felt horrible to play and hold. Long story short, I don't know much about the Dean, but the Faded's are horrible.

The plus side of the Dean of course, is that you can get a silverburst:

All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Seems like the Gibson isn't very well made... thanks for all replies
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by ChemicalFire
Gibson faded series are a bit of a joke, I played one when buying an Explorer (so it was an Explorer faded, not a V, but they'll be the same production wise.) The faded just felt horrible, while I liked the look, the wood felt horrible to play and hold. Long story short, I don't know much about the Dean, but the Faded's are horrible.

The plus side of the Dean of course, is that you can get a silverburst:

ML. This is actually a pic of my guitar with the exception of the covered pickups from an exotic that i put in mine.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
It's all preference, I have a Gibson Faded Flying V and I really like. It sounds really good and feels great to me. You shouldn't base your decision on what people on a forum say, the best thing you can do is go out and play them both and get which ever one sounds and feels best to you.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3