Does a brand new tube amp need to be set-up by a technician, or is it good to go from the box?
Quote by hollow2010
Does a brand new tube amp need to be set-up by a technician, or is it good to go from the box?

Yup, usable straight out of the store. Though, unless it has been used a lot in store or something, I think they need to 'break in' for a bit.. Or so I've read. Something about the tubes sounding just a bit better after a few uses or something.

If anyone can clear that up for me?
Quote by KoRnOnA6String
Yup, usable straight out of the store. Though, unless it has been used a lot in store or something, I think they need to 'break in' for a bit.. Or so I've read. Something about the tubes sounding just a bit better after a few uses or something.

If anyone can clear that up for me?

correct.
Mine VK started to sound good after 1 week of 5 hours a day playing.
Tubes and speakers need to ''soften'' up a bit.
Just play it and you'll hear it yourself
btw...which amp is it? ^^
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
correct.
Mine VK started to sound good after 1 week of 5 hours a day playing.
Tubes and speakers need to ''soften'' up a bit.
Just play it and you'll hear it yourself
btw...which amp is it? ^^

Hooray, thought I'd been noticing it, but wasn't sure if my eyes were just failing me because of the loud rehearsals in the past couple of weeks XD..

I've got a ValveKing as well, the 212. I picked it up for only €50 more than the 112, so it was a pretty fookin' sweet deel. VK112 was €450, VK212 was €500, and there was I to take that bitch off their hands XD.. Sweet amp^^ My very first tube amp as well.
Quote by KoRnOnA6String
Hooray, thought I'd been noticing it, but wasn't sure if my eyes were just failing me because of the loud rehearsals in the past couple of weeks XD..

I've got a ValveKing as well, the 212. I picked it up for only €50 more than the 112, so it was a pretty fookin' sweet deel. VK112 was €450, VK212 was €500, and there was I to take that bitch off their hands XD.. Sweet amp^^ My very first tube amp as well.

same for me
except that I got it for 460€
my friend owns a guitar shop. that's the reason :P
I've got the 212 as well
It's 2 loud to play it at home tho.
But at band practices and gigs it's cool
3. You're reading now.
6. You just checked it.

Quote by hawk_kst
Quote by Kozlic
same for me
except that I got it for 460€
my friend owns a guitar shop. that's the reason :P
I've got the 212 as well
It's 2 loud to play it at home tho.
But at band practices and gigs it's cool

I actually play it at home, though.

Just turn the volume booster off, and then have the volume around 0.5, or when I'm recording at home, slightly higher to boost it over the audiospeakers that're almost directly behind the mic.
When I first got it, though, my stepdad wanted to see how loud the thing could go.
Volume knob on 4 and I practically blew him out of the room. Good times^^ Can't wait to do my first actual gig with it, which shouldn't be too long from now..

Lucky dog, getting that VK for only €460 :-O
Quote by KoRnOnA6String
I actually play it at home, though.

Just turn the volume booster off, and then have the volume around 0.5, or when I'm recording at home, slightly higher to boost it over the audiospeakers that're almost directly behind the mic.
When I first got it, though, my stepdad wanted to see how loud the thing could go.
Volume knob on 4 and I practically blew him out of the room. Good times^^ Can't wait to do my first actual gig with it, which shouldn't be too long from now..

Lucky dog, getting that VK for only €460 :-O

Yeah just that the sound is much better when u have it on 2 or something.
At 0.5 it sucks. But with more, you can't play it at home
3. You're reading now.
6. You just checked it.

Quote by hawk_kst