so...shortversion me and me friend been playing guitar for i dunno 4months or so and we got to the point where we want to try to learn some songs together.

Problem is we're strugling to find a song that fits, we got a decent way into welcome to welcome to the jungle but I have some...learning difficulties and am unable to remember the quantity of riffs in welcome to the jungle, without some SERIOUS learning (repeating everyday for a month or two atleast) and frankly i don't have the time for that.

so we tried sex on fire,kings of leon and that was alright but we didn'treally enjoy it as its not what we're into.

so basically i'm asking for bands that have two guitarst, preferable relativle mainstream and not difficult as we just started and need songs that we know with our eyes closed.

my taste is; rhcp,ac/dc,sexpistols
his is; blink 182,angels+airwaves,greenday

so any bright idea's
any help appreciated
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Last edited by centorium at Feb 14, 2009,
Bad Religion (have two guitars on tour but three in studio) Got a good drummer in mind?
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

i dunno considering u like the pistols and he likes pop punk stuff look into some punk i guess. pretty easy stuff there i love it but maybe if u guys like more hardcore stuff a bit check out Rise Against they're still pretty punky but have some awesome lead bits and good rhythm.
Quote by texzephyr
i dunno considering u like the pistols and he likes pop punk stuff look into some punk i guess. pretty easy stuff there i love it but maybe if u guys like more hardcore stuff a bit check out Rise Against they're still pretty punky but have some awesome lead bits and good rhythm.

i like riseagainst but he wasn't too keen on tht sort of stuff when i brought it up, and l feel bad for holding him back on welcome to the jungle so i'm sorta leaning a bit.
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick

Quote by Aerokizzombie

Quote by CodChick

Quote by MCMXCII

I'm scary
maybe you could try out some my chemical romance....
paramore
umm....youmeatsix
airbourne..:S
why not make him learn a song you want to do and you learn a song he wants to do......if he doesnt want to learn your song then thats unfair cz your trying to learn his song
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Sounds like you guys have some pretty different tastes...
Just learn Iron Maiden though. Iron maiden ****ing rules
^ if there just starting out i don't think Iron Maiden is the best option
Green Day's American Idiot has a lot of songs that are two guitars, there are some MCR songs that would be a bit challenging but not impossible

just pick a band both of you like that has 2 guitars and just start randomly learning their songs. the important thing is that both of you get used to playing with each other
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
Check out NOFX for some stuff with 2 guitars. May I reccomend "It's My Job to Keep Punk Rock Elite"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqkar6FEulI
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by mybandsuks_15
^ if there just starting out i don't think Iron Maiden is the best option
Green Day's American Idiot has a lot of songs that are two guitars, there are some MCR songs that would be a bit challenging but not impossible

just pick a band both of you like that has 2 guitars and just start randomly learning their songs. the important thing is that both of you get used to playing with each other

Iron Maiden the song isn't too bad. One of the first I learned although its was pretty slow .

Breaking the Law - Judas Priest is a pretty good one if you're starting out... another one of my first.

The first song my band played with 2 guitars though was I Love Rock N Roll by Joan Jett. It's easy as hell and fun to play!
Quote by Superstrat101
Iron Maiden the song isn't too bad. One of the first I learned although its was pretty slow .

Breaking the Law - Judas Priest is a pretty good one if you're starting out... another one of my first.

The first song my band played with 2 guitars though was I Love Rock N Roll by Joan Jett. It's easy as hell and fun to play!

Judas Priest is great

Have you guys never heard the song Flight of Icarus? Really easy tune. Learn some AC/DC as well, thats always the best **** to start out with, get your rhythm moving
Quote by Highwaytohell
Judas Priest is great

Have you guys never heard the song Flight of Icarus? Really easy tune. Learn some AC/DC as well, thats always the best **** to start out with, get your rhythm moving

Flight of Icarus = God in song form. (even though it sounds suspiciously like The Immigrant song)

As for AC/DC, I suggest Shook Me All Night Long and Highway to Hell
thanks guy's you've helped alot thier my favourite band and i didn't even think of ac/dc lol,we're learning highway to hell as i already know half of it anyway :P
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick

Quote by Aerokizzombie

Quote by CodChick

Quote by MCMXCII

I'm scary
For Whom the Bell Tolls - Metallica
Some AC/DC
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.