o n atm, what im looking to use in it is a simple blend of a minor and a major pentatonic maybe in the key of g minor or a minor (with randomly changing to its major relative when i feel like it.) as the base of the song. how sounds it?
what
Gear:
Ibanez S470 BK with a Dimarzio Evo in bridge
Jet city Jca2112rc
Digitech Bad Monkey
Tritones all the way. Nothing says 'I love you' like the devil's interval.
Yeah, something I said once was epic, I have proof:
Quote by bowdyyz69
aha that was epic

Also:
Quote by Kensai
Yeah I was hoping for robotsex.
Screw context.
Quote by dmirtygorachyov
scales? intervals? amp settings? planning on writing a sweet song for a sweetheart. tipsss plzz?
Learn to sing. Write a catchy melody, write some corny lyrics to it and strum some chords on an acoustic guitar.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by dmirtygorachyov
i am definitely not singing, im trying to do an instrumentalll, thankkzz
I don't have tits, but I'm pretty sure women don't find 20 minute guitar wanks romantic. If you look at the songs that most women melt to, they're almost invariably catchy melodies over simple chords with corny lyrics. If you think you can impress your girl with an instrumental, go ahead.

Although, if she's a musician and thinks she's 'artistic' and is really into jazz (in this day and age, jazz is seen as the art music of musicians) she might be impressed with a chord melody thing or some sort of jazz guitar thing like that.
Except that still involves writing a catchy melody, except this time you're playing it chord-melody style.

Once again, I'm not a chick.
        |\
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Last edited by demonofthenight at Feb 14, 2009,
by the way, im pretty sur ethers some theory bits on how to theoretically make a piece sound romatic, otherwise what makes romantic classical peices romantic cralssical peices? the fact that it actually has nothing to do with romance? i doubt it.

maybe if we use the theory of a romantic classical piece - the classical it would sound romantic enuff to b romantic? would that work? what are some basic concepts of romantic classical peices?
Quote by dmirtygorachyov
by the way, im pretty sur ethers some theory bits on how to theoretically make a piece sound romatic, otherwise what makes romantic classical peices romantic cralssical peices? the fact that it actually has nothing to do with romance? i doubt it.

maybe if we use the theory of a romantic classical piece - the classical it would sound romantic enuff to b romantic? would that work? what are some basic concepts of romantic classical peices?
Romantic a hundred years ago just meant with feelings. It was an artistic movement which strongly associated itself with nationalism, war, nature, chivalry, folk spirits and that kind of stuff. I'd guess it was a reaction of the industrial revolution, where workers started working day in and day out in their bleak miserable factory lives instead of communly working in the fields.
It wasn't just with music, it was with litrature and art and architecture as well. It had nothing to do with seducing women.

Somehow, romantic has been distorted (these days) to mean seducing women. The true meaning of romantic has nothing to do with women.

And yes, if she's all artsy (like I described in my previous post) except shes artsy about classical music instead of jazz (it's more likely that it's jazz), playing/writing a romantic classical song would work.
In the end, you still need to write a catchy melody, except this time you might need to write a countermelody or two or whatever (I'm not very knowledgable about romantic era music).
        |\
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by demonofthenight
Romantic a hundred years ago just meant with feelings. It was an artistic movement which strongly associated itself with nationalism, war, nature, chivalry, folk spirits and that kind of stuff. I'd guess it was a reaction of the industrial revolution, where workers started working day in and day out in their bleak miserable factory lives instead of communly working in the fields.
It wasn't just with music, it was with litrature and art and architecture as well. It had nothing to do with seducing women.

Somehow, romantic has been distorted (these days) to mean seducing women. The true meaning of romantic has nothing to do with women.

And yes, if she's all artsy (like I described in my previous post) except shes artsy about classical music instead of jazz (it's more likely that it's jazz), playing/writing a romantic classical song would work.
In the end, you still need to write a catchy melody, except this time you might need to write a countermelody or two or whatever (I'm not very knowledgable about romantic era music).

i wasnt really trying to seduce someone with this song, just wante to know taht shes appreciated really.
well a wild idea wold be show her you appreciate her without your guitar, unless shes musical then singing with corny words and catchy melodies is the only way as mentioned above.
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Dynamics, use them

And singing could be good yeah.. if shes not very musical
My suggestion would be to perhaps do it in a 3/4 signature, because you'll get a suggestion of waltz, which is classically romantic.

Or, you could just do your own interpretation of that can can, but that's more kinky.
Quote by dmirtygorachyov

Romantic music wasn't love music, it just meant it was over-the-top emotionally.

Edit - And it didn't have some sort of special theory applied to it.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by rocking bassist
Tritones all the way. Nothing says 'I love you' like the devil's interval.

Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Edit - And it didn't have some sort of special theory applied to it.

Romanticism was largely a movement away from what were viewed as the restrictive conventions of the classical era, which was itself a return to musical simplicity after the baroque era.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by dmirtygorachyov
i am definitely not singing, im trying to do an instrumentalll, thankkzz

You better learn, chicks don't find guitar very interesting. Maybe you could just take her out somewhere (anywhere) buy her some **** tell her some corny love lines, and above all be interesting.

You could also write her a poem, though corny, she might like the sentimental aspect of it, and that you put thought into it.

The same could be said about guitar, but unless she play's, and even if she does, she probably won't think it's interesting.

Also, women like it when you're willing to go out of your comfort zone for them, so if you have any kind of voice at all, and can hold a note, you should sing.
Last edited by cleptobismal at Feb 14, 2009,
Acustic , a bit slower than usual 5 around chord , dynamic rhytem maybe a small solo
something like 1 2 3 4 by Plan Whit T's maybe ?
Listen to "Goodbye to Romance" - Ozzy Osbourne for inspiration, a very good melody line and the verse and chorus do sound ok without vocals
Learn to use undiatonic and chromatic harmony.

That's the characterestic quality of Romantic Era music.

Look into Chopin, Lizst, and later works of Beethoven to get an idea of types of harmony, each are very specific to the style.

Yup.

That's only really relavant if you're composing classical-style music, I assume that's what you're asking.
C -> F -> G -> C -> F -> G -> C

no words will be necessary. make sure you're ready, because you're losing your virginity with this progression for sure.