Ok, there was a big sale on Guitar Center from the 13th to 16th of feb. Now, I'm going to New York on the 18th, and i'm scared that a lot of stuff will be out of stock. Do you think im exagerating?
Because i've been waiting for this trip since september
Also: what's some other stores i can check out around there in Manhattan. I'm already going to Guitar Center on 14th street and Sam Ash on 48th
What are you looking for? GC are assholes in NY, SA people are nicer. GC has a much larger selection. But neither of them are amazing. THey never have what I'm looking for. I've had to order every guitar I buy. But other places didn't have them either so I can't really blame them. There's a place across the street from SA, I forgot what it's called. But it's never crowded, it's big, and they have a good selection. There's also Rudy's, it's right next to SA, it's tiny and they don't have a good selection. But they have a lot of awesome stuff.
I'd have to say check out Matt Umanov; they may not be the biggest, but they have incredibly friendly staff. Also, if you can, go to the Music Zoo (it's not in the city center, but close enough); nice people, great inventory.

What are you looking for? GC are assholes in NY, SA people are nicer. GC has a much larger selection. But neither of them are amazing. THey never have what I'm looking for. I've had to order every guitar I buy. But other places didn't have them either so I can't really blame them. There's a place across the street from SA, I forgot what it's called. But it's never crowded, it's big, and they have a good selection./QUOTE]

Isn't that Manny's?

Anyway, the SA has a pretty good selection, but I find the staff a bit pushy.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 14, 2009,
Possibly, I think it's right next to the sam ash DJ store. That name sounds familiar.
Consider your price range too. The most expensive guitars at SA are LTD EC-1000s. They don't even really have Gibsons. GC has a lot more higher end guitars.
And When GC has sales, if you know what you want and they don't have it, they can order it for you and it'll still count for the sale. If you don't like it, you can exchange it too. So keep that in mind.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Possibly, I think it's right next to the sam ash DJ store. That name sounds familiar.
Consider your price range too. The most expensive guitars at SA are LTD EC-1000s. They don't even really have Gibsons. GC has a lot more higher end guitars.
And When GC has sales, if you know what you want and they don't have it, they can order it for you and it'll still count for the sale. If you don't like it, you can exchange it too. So keep that in mind.

Well, SA has that other room, too, with the slightly more high end stuff (they had a JEM20th there, albeit quite a while ago). They do have a lot of LTD stuff, though.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!