which would be best for quality and battery life?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I like the Phase 90 more.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Everyone will say Phase 90 because:
- The Phase Shifter is a Boss
- EVH played the Phase 90.

Personally I'd say try them (if you can) and look into an Electro-Harmonix Small Stone.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666

Personally I'd say try them (if you can) and look into an Electro-Harmonix Small Stone.

No, everyone will say Phase 90 because the Phase 90 is a much superior pedal.
Quote by shadow__666

No. I said Phase 90 because I own one and I like the strong jet-like phase. (I have the block Phase 90 not the Script)

Great video comparing different phasers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svVz84Vx1i8&feature=channel_page

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
I really like the script phase 90. Check it out and compare it with the block phase 90 and the boss pedal.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by shadow__666

No, it's because the Phase 90 is just plain better.

Anyway, I'd say Phase 90 as well.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
I really like the script phase 90. Check it out and compare it with the block phase 90 and the boss pedal.

+1
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99

+2
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
I went with a Phase 90. I'm not really a fan of any of BOSS's modulation effects..
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
it depends on which boss phaser you are talking about. you said phase shifter, so i assume you mean the ph-3. in which case id go for the phase-90. but if you mean one of the old ph-1 or ph-1r, then id go for that. a ph-2 is nice, but a bit different so you would have to try that one to see if you like it more than the phase-90.
yeah i meant the PH-3. ive heard that the MXR's battery would last longer too because its analogue whereas the PH-3 is digital?

ive youtubed both of them, and from what ive heard from the review videos, the MXR sounds alot better, and works better with clean and distorted signals.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

MXR Phase 90 cuz EVH uses them..............
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
i prefer the boss over the mxr, but i like more modern phaser sounds. the MXR is simple and vintagey, fairly subtle too, and it does a great job of it but i like having lots of things to mess with =/
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
The Phase 90 is a lot more versatile and sounds better.

That one knob is all you need.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by Silver-spear94
yeah i meant the PH-3. ive heard that the MXR's battery would last longer too because its analogue whereas the PH-3 is digital?

ive youtubed both of them, and from what ive heard from the review videos, the MXR sounds alot better, and works better with clean and distorted signals.

Ummm, I dont believe its analog. Theyd advertise taht as a main feature (like all the ads Ive seen for the Carbon Copy). Im pretty sure the script and block phase 90 both have a AC jack so batteries arent a problem (unless thats what you prefer). Just a heads up though, the '74 vintage phase 90 does not have a AC jack or a LED light.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
the custom chop scirpt phase 90 with led is the exact circuit as the EVH phase 90, it even has the switch to change it from script to block, just the casing doesnt have access to it
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White) (retired)
Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash studio
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Tobacco Burst)

Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz