Yesterday I played with a guy who had some kind of guitar that I never heard of, could only play pentatonic licks with distortion and failed to play anything on clean. He kept saying that my tremolo (ZR) is really ****ty and that it's way to high up and I need to put it back. I asked him what's the point and he couldn't give me an answer for a while until he sad that top frets sound 'out of tune' and that if I put it lower it's gonna be in tune. Nothing sounded out of tune, anyway I put the tremolo down, retuned the strings ware maybe 1mm lower, didn't notice any difference besides the fact that I can't pull my tremolo as high. I can see that maybe if my strings are really far from the fretboard, higher frets would sound out of tune, but putting the tremolo back didn't change **** and he couldn't tell the ****ing difference and point out 'out of tune' pitches no matter how high or low my tremolo is set up. Is he right?
what do you mean by high/low?

do you mean that you have lowered the bridge or you have tightened the springs in the back to pull the trem in towards the body more?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
judging by what you said ToweringFlesh, this guy who has a guitar you've never heard of, probably got his instrument for a very large amount of money. He thinks his guitar is much superior. He probably thinks he knows everything their is to know about guitars.

He reminds me of when I was young and stupid
Quote by Lemoninfluence
what do you mean by high/low?

do you mean that you have lowered the bridge or you have tightened the springs in the back to pull the trem in towards the body more?

tightened the springs, I kept it kinda loose so the trem goes out more.

And the thing that pissed me off the most, he kept saying 'thats the whole point of that trem'. I asked whats the point? and he just kept saying the springs have to be tightened, ****ing idiot
Last edited by ToweringFlesh at Feb 14, 2009,

that's the correct angle for your trem. that'll ensure that you return to tune more accurately.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by ToweringFlesh
Yesterday I played with a guy who had some kind of guitar that I never heard of, could only play pentatonic licks with distortion and failed to play anything on clean.

I love how people find the need to make them seem like they're better than another person before they ask the question even though it has nothing to do with anything.
Ever considered that maybe he's right, and your trem was really badly set-up?
Stop acting like an ass-hat.
Quote by willwelsh816
He reminds me of when I was young and stupid

me too, except I never had an expensive guitar

Quote by Horlicks
Ever considered that maybe he's right, and your trem was really badly set-up?
Stop acting like an ass-hat.

Yeah, unless you show some pics of the trem I won't know if you're right or wrong.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
He was probably right. If it was too high it will put the intonation out and screw up the action (assuming your intonation is set for a properly set up tremolo).
Why is it called a tremelo system when it is actually vibrato?
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by Yeti60

It's a misnomer.

And TS, your trem was probably too far forward. If it's too far forward then your action is really high and it can make notes go out of tune, not to mention it looks ugly.
Quote by Yeti60

because leo fender's a bit special.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Yeti60

The same reason Fender amps call their tremelo effect vibrato.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
maybe your FR was set up wrong? Our ex basist had an S560 (or whatever the number is) and his trem was realy badly set up, like sticking out of the body cause the springs were not tightened eough. I tried to explain to him what is wrong with the trem, and he just looked at me like im retarded, and said "Well you can always pull it back with the trem arm and it will be level...." I gave up.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.