so i turn it on today and firstly windows won't start, i have to turn it off and back on like 4 times before it does, and now pretty much all data is missing, i mean all the programs are there just no files with music, saved information etc are gone

could someone with some sort of computer wizardry explain what the hell is going on?
Computer aids?

I really don't know, can you do a system restore to before it started doing this?
Computer HIV?
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
corrupted hard drive, BIOS or motherboard...

take it to your local computer fixer people (forgot the word, minds gone blank) and they should sort it out, but it MIGHT be easier and cheaper to just invest in a new computer.
Quote by imthehitcher
so i turn it on today and firstly windows won't start, i have to turn it off and back on like 4 times before it does, and now pretty much all data is missing, i mean all the programs are there just no files with music, saved information etc are gone

could someone with some sort of computer wizardry explain what the hell is going on?

Theres your problem.

/macfag

Probably a virus or corrupted software.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Dempsey68
corrupted hard drive, BIOS or motherboard...

take it to your local computer fixer people (forgot the word, minds gone blank) and they should sort it out, but it MIGHT be easier and cheaper to just invest in a new computer.

okay so it is a serious problem then?
it seems strange that it has kept some programs and not others though

does it also matter that it is biblicaly old?
Quote by imthehitcher
okay so it is a serious problem then?
it seems strange that it has kept some programs and not others though

does it also matter that it is biblicaly old?

very much so
theres a very real chance that your 'bibicaly old' computer just bibicaly shat itself
Quote by samlocke14
very much so
theres a very real chance that your 'bibicaly old' computer just bibicaly shat itself
Quote by imthehitcher

Yeah, I see your problem...

MushroomEdit: Darn you Chrisiphone! Darn you

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Last edited by MushroomBomb at Feb 14, 2009,
biblicaly old? Windows? come on man everyone knows that jesus used mac!
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ

Michael Kelly Patriot Ltd.

Spector N20004

Michael Kelly V65 Acoustic

Vintage 1965 Fender Bassman Stack

Crate GFX1200H On a Behringer Bass Cab

Orange Fund: $48
Quote by Reaper of Light
Explains the ego trip.

"Son of God" sounds like your typical macfag to me.

It all makes sense! Steve Jobs is the second coming! Well, I guess he'd want to be called a 2nd Generation iMessiah or something, but w/e
to much pron
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
if your computer is really old that makes it more likely that your HD failed, get a new one (or a new computer which would be better in your case)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by imthehitcher

haha

*Resists temptation to say 'delete system 32 folder'*

Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by Reaper of Light

Sigged
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead