Hi, I am offered to buy an RG 770 DXLB, from 1991, in a great condition for $850.
The seller claims the guitar to have the thinnest neck ever made by ibanez.
The guitar is equipped in Lo-pro tremolo (I have one in my jem, from 1994, and it still holds tune) has maple fingerboard (which I am looking for, since I love the look of maple) and Dimarzio/IBZ pickups.
Now my question is, is it worth it ?
Edit:
Edited the price
Last edited by r4ster at Feb 14, 2009,
If youre dead set on maple, go for it

You can get a new RG 1570 with pup switch for the same money
I've never played one, but I would compare it to the reissues. $1000 for a used Ibanez is a lot when you can get a new one for roughly the same price or a little more.
hey, going used and "Vingate" is ideal, but 1000$ for a guitar thats not yet really vintage yet is a rip off.
they have reissues out for the same price, and the rg1570 as well, which i think is a way cooler guitar.

EDIT: WHOOPS, didnt mean rg1570, meant rg1550
this
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1550M-Electric-Guitar?sku=501362
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Last edited by impeachpedro10 at Feb 14, 2009,
Well, the problem is, that I am from Poland, and the RG1550M is currently unavaiable, and if it finally will be available, the price here will be ~1500$. I may try to narrow the price down to like 900$, will it be a good deal then ?
Well, i have a RGR570, and it does have the thinnest neck ibanez ever made... although, they are going to be reissuing these necks on this years prestiges, so if its the neck alone your going for, then wait. But the Lo-pro is an AMAZING bridge.
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
Quote by Rvddps
Well, i have a RGR570, and it does have the thinnest neck ibanez ever made... although, they are going to be reissuing these necks on this years prestiges, so if its the neck alone your going for, then wait. But the Lo-pro is an AMAZING bridge.

How much did you pay for it ?
i payed £430, but it was in properly mint condition, with a paf pro in the bridge, fast track 2 in the middle, and dimarzio cliplocks installed. It also came set up.. This was from a friend btw... but he got a fair price for it
Gear

Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Quote by JELIFISH19
I don't think it's worth $850. I got my RG2550Z brand new for $800

The new RG2550Zs are almost a grand...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
GC had a Black Friday sale that was like 20% off. The price actually raised, originally they were $900 and I got it right after the price increased so not everywhere had the updated prices. I tried to get it price matched plus the 15% off, but they didn't let me. It would've been $765, but I took it for $800. But Ibanezrules.com has them for $800 now since it's on clearance, so maybe stores will price match it.
It may also be worth noting that new ibanezs will be increasing in price due to the currency conversion and credit crunch, so it could be anything up to 20% more you'll be paying.
Gear

Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
the RG770s are as good as the JEMs, $850 isn't a bad price at all. Bottom line is they're quality guitars therefore they hold their value.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com