Hi there,

I bought a secondhand 2003 fender P-bass thismorning. I set all the intonation and the action about right, but i get alot of buzz from the low E string. I found that moving the action up abit more didnt help, so does this mean i need my truss rod adjusting?

Cheers
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Look down the neck it should have a slight bend forward. If it doesn't the truss rod nut needs to be loosened.
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
maybe one of the frets is slightly raised and still causes problems even with the higher action? have a look at your frets.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by roaddawg07
Look down the neck it should have a slight bend forward. If it doesn't the truss rod nut needs to be loosened.

In addition to this, first check neck relief- hold down the first and last fret, and measure the distance between the string aand the fret at the 7th fret- 0.6-1mm is ideal. However, you'll have to reintonate. The process can take a while since you need to let the wood settle before measuring- this can take anywhere from a couple of hours to a day. With this in mind, never do more than a quarter turn at a time.
Thicker guage strings can also help.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Okay cheers guys,
Ive noticed a few other little problems with the bass which worry me, so im going to take the bass to my nearest music shop and ask them if they can sort it out. The A string has developed a rattle and the bridge isnt quite right, maybe my bargain wasnt such a bargain afterall :/
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals