ISP Decimator........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
i heard those are for metal like stuff......i play rock, and i havee a tube driver with a blues junior so something that goes with that
ISP decimator would be the best choice.. but a Boss NS-2 is decent enough also..

I have noticed some artists using a rocktron hush, but I dont really know anything about them... Just thought it was interesting..
Quote by Fenderdan
i heard those are for metal like stuff......i play rock, and i havee a tube driver with a blues junior so something that goes with that

ISP decimator is STILL an Option..... it is the only noise supressor that doesnt suck your tone...
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
ISP decimator or an MXR smartgate is awesome as well

It doesn't make a difference which stryle you play, a noise gate is not genre-specific
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Rocktron Hush kinda sucks a bunch of tone. Not good at all.
My Gear:

Gibson SG Standard (heritage cherry)
Traynor YCV40WR
Korg Pitchblack
Fulltone Fulldrive 2

Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack
Fender MIM Strat (black)
Dunlop Crybaby
theres no way a noise suppressor can be designed for a specific genre... noise is noise
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
iSP Decimator.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
i got the mxr noise gate for christmas. it's pretty neat, its got a 3 option switch on it to choose how much you wanna block, and a knob to control within your selection. i like it. though i haven't tried the decimator and apparently everyone else likes that.
I bought an MXR smartgate and it was useless. It either sucked too much tone or didn't cut any feedback. I sold it and bought a second Decimator.
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
I bought an MXR smartgate and it was useless. It either sucked too much tone or didn't cut any feedback. I sold it and bought a second Decimator.

I have no problem with your statement, but your sig says a head + 2x12 cab is easier to carry than a combo

a 2x12 combo yeah, but surely not a 1x12
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
ISP Decimator........

this thread would have been perfect without all the other responses.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Decimator FTW!!
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
are decimators really that great? i have an NS-2 and it seems to kill my noise without sucking tone.... ...do decimators work in a different way?
Ibanez RG 550 (1989, MIJ)
--Peavey 5150--
Custom DIY 2x12
Peavey Bandit II
Ibanez AD 220 Analog Rack Delay
MXR Flanger (not the reissue)
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss NS-2
Dunlop 95q Wah (broken)
Heavily Modded Strat
i have no problem with the NS-2 i just got recently
it actually cleaned up my previous garbage tone that i couldnt seem to escape

and plus i got a free power cable with it
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
ISP decimator is STILL an Option..... it is the only noise supressor that doesnt suck your tone...

it has no tone suck but it makes it sound all tremolo-ish with volume shift in long sustained notes.

isp decimator G-string. i believe they made this to solve the problem. a lot of people like the NS-2 and the MXR smart-gate so... or you can buy a rack
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Decimator all the way! NS-2 sucks literally and MXR smart gate would be your second choice.
Quote by blandguitar
are racks really worth the extra money? they cost so much more than pedals. i know you can do more with a rack, but is it that much more?

If your a touring musician or a tone freak then a rack would be a option. But, it isn't worth it if your not play shows every week or you have a signature tone.
Quote by acdclandon
I have no problem with your statement, but your sig says a head + 2x12 cab is easier to carry than a combo

a 2x12 combo yeah, but surely not a 1x12

I mean a 2x12 combo vs. a 2x12 cab and head. But I do have an easier time carrying a head and a 2x12 than my 1x10 practice amp, assuming I'm loading it into a vehicle. The practice amp just gets obnoxious smacking into my legs. Now if I'm stuck taking everything in one trip on foot, I'd go for the combo just because it's in one piece.

Quote by konigstiger
are decimators really that great? i have an NS-2 and it seems to kill my noise without sucking tone.... ...do decimators work in a different way?

Decimators have a threshold that you set, and any noise that enters it under that threshold doesn't get let through. What makes the Decimator awesome is that it tracks the signal as it goes down in volume from when you first hit a string, so you don't lose sustain. It is not true bypass, but the bypass is very very good and you don't lose any tone.

All Boss pedals have a buffered bypass and tend to suck tone. I've never used the NS2, but I've never used a Boss pedal that didn't take quite a bit of warmth out of my signal. This is why I would never recommend a Boss pedal to anyone.

The MXR Smart Gate has way too many settings. I had a very hard time finding a balance between tone sucking and noisegating. Actually, I couldn't find a balance at all. It didn't seem to gate so much as it seemed to quite my signal down. Of course I'm going to get less feedback if I have less gain! It was a waste of money. And it made my tone seem much more dull. It was true bypass though. So it didn't affect the signal unless it was on.

I also have an Artec Noise Gate. Very cheap, but it gets the job done. It's true bypass, and only colours the tone very slightly when turned on, much less that Boss pedals. The threshold is very low even when dimed, so any kind of distortion or od tends to overwhelm it and make it stop gating even when you're not playing. I use it at the front of my pedal chain. It doesn't have the tracking like the Decimator, so it's either on or off, gating your signal or not. I wouldn't play professionally with one of these, but if feedback is an issue it's a cheaper solution. I only use it in practice situations.