Hi!
I am hopefully going to get a PRS SE Singlecut. I've heard that PRS guitars are quite versatile, do you think this one is? Will it be good for blues, rock, hard do you think? I play everything from slow stuff to fast stuff, and I like doing bends and stuff a lot, so do you think this will be good for it?

Thanks!
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
i find myself wanting an SE double cut, although the look of single cuts dont appeal to me. but both sound great
how much is it?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
I played on one and I`m also planning to buy one. I really like the color and that the two humbuckers have a different sound/tone (I played on one straight before, same model but differennt brand and it sucked)
He plays nice, good fret acces and everything. And they are pretty versatile (I guess) Santana, Porcupine Tree, Breaking Benjamin and others use them...
Quote by A Certain Death
i find myself wanting an SE double cut, although the look of single cuts dont appeal to me. but both sound great

the 24 double cut.... daaaamn I want that... but I did hear that the SE (SE custom oficially ) are a hit and miss series.... which I can't confirm nor deny since I've only played one (which was a custom 22, and busted all the high end deans and gibsons they had :lol: )
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by archerygenious
Hi!
I am hopefully going to get a PRS SE Singlecut. I've heard that PRS guitars are quite versatile, do you think this one is? Will it be good for blues, rock, hard do you think? I play everything from slow stuff to fast stuff, and I like doing bends and stuff a lot, so do you think this will be good for it?

Thanks!

Yes sir, PRS are known for how versatile their guitars are. The Singlecut will suit you for any music you wanna play, especially for blues, rock, and hard rock.
Current Gear:
Taylor 210ce
Fender Blues Jr.
Vox Tonelab LE
PRS Custom 24

Visual Sound h2o
Visual Sound Double Trouble
"Even Less"
i own the SE Custom double cut away and what a amazing guitar it is, i just gave it a proper setup and this guitar plays and sounds flawless, wish i had the money for the SE Custom single cut.

great guitar well worth the money.
I own one, and have no problems whatsoever with it, bar a tiny bit of fret buzz, although it most likely needs a good setup.

I can play anything from slow blues to rock to metal on it, and it all sounds good.

I love mine, and so would instantly reccomend one to anyone else.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by Joeval
I own one, and have no problems whatsoever with it, bar a tiny bit of fret buzz, although it most likely needs a good setup.

I can play anything from slow blues to rock to metal on it, and it all sounds good.

I love mine, and so would instantly reccomend one to anyone else.

its very easy to do your own set up on these guitars, i did mine including adjusting the truss rod, leveling out the tremolo bridge, adjusting string height on saddles and intonation in about 45min, all you need its a good tuner and some patience and a understanding of what your doing.
I loved the SE custom the most of all the SEs. Awesome tone, that can play just about anything. The singlecut is a sweet guitar as well, well worth the money and much better than factory Epiphones.
I own a SE Singlecut in Tobacco Sunburst and honestly, it's probably the best guitar you're going to get for the price. Cosmetically, it's not the best looking guitar, but the neck on it is just perfect.
I've got a PRS SE Singlecut and it am very impressed with it. The playing action is good for anything I have tried so far even very fast stuff. Mine also has a nice sound to it. The guitar its self feels well made and has no problems staying in tune.

If you are interested try and find one in a shop you can test play. The shop I bought mine from had a few PRS SE guitars on display that people could have a go on. As with any guitar just make sure the shop sets it up properly for you.
I played one and it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. If you like the sound of it and how it feels, then by all means you should strongly consider buying it.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Thanks a lot everyone!
I'm thinking of just ordering it online (once I decide on the color, which is very difficult) as so many people say it's brilliant and it's specs sound absolutely fine to me, good idea?

I don't think I'll be able to try it out in a shop anytime soon because there aren't any sops nearby that stock PRS guitars (Very annoying).
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend