I am currently using a 60W fender rumble as a practice amp at home.
The thing is, we recently changed drummer, which means i can no longer use his 100W. Is 60W loud enough for practicing with a drummer? All gigs we have done and jazz band things, ive always either used his amp or the school amp.

So yeah will 60W be loud enough?

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

As long as he isn't a very loud drummer, 60 watts should be fine for practice.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
If he plays a smooth jazz drum fill it`ll be alright, when he start playing forte fortissimo with only snare, crahs and double bass it could be a problem, i heard that bass-ampiflier should be twice of the guitar. With 30 W you can come easily over the drummer without cranking your volume pretty much up if he plays loud...
What kind of music do you play?

Anyway 60W might just cut it for practice but you'd need a lot more for gigs
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
We'd be playing a mix of everything, so funk/reggae/rock and dabbling in some metal, coz its just for fun we dont take it mega seriously and like stickwith one style etc...

I guess I will just have to ask them to play slightly quiter lol.

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

It should work for band practice but that's about it. It really depends on the amp though, I was playing a 75 watt, 15 inch speaker fender at school and had to keep the volume at 7 to be heard. While playing a 40 watt, 12 inch speaker peavey, I could be heard at 4-5.
Quote by Sylvanus
It should work for band practice but that's about it. It really depends on the amp though, I was playing a 75 watt, 15 inch speaker fender at school and had to keep the volume at 7 to be heard. While playing a 40 watt, 12 inch speaker peavey, I could be heard at 4-5.

It also depends on the settings/EQ. At home I pretty much crank the bass and keep the mid and treble pretty low but when I play with bands, I raise the mids quite a bit and the treble a little.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
It also depends on the settings/EQ. At home I pretty much crank the bass and keep the mid and treble pretty low but when I play with bands, I raise the mids quite a bit and the treble a little.

That too, I usually crank the mids, bring up the treble a bit and keep the lows flat so my tone is pretty easy to hear.

I just remembered, every time I used the school's amp the last person using it had the mids at 0 and the other 2 maxed, I got drowned out so easily but it sounds pretty cool on it's own.
Quote by ethan_hanus
is it a 60 watt tube amp? or solid state?

EDIT: oh wait, this is the bass form, aint it. nvm then, i know nothing of bass amps.

PLEASE stop linking from the home page... jeez....,
Quote by Spaz91
PLEASE stop linking from the home page... jeez....,

JEEZ you should know that thefitz is the only one who can pull that off
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115