Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

Would it be right to take piano lessons weekly and practice with a keyboard at home? I ask this because I have always wanted to pursue piano, but I can't afford a full-scale piano (let alone put one anywhere in my house). Also if I were to buy a keyboard that can accomodate with piano lessons, what keyboard could you recommend me.

Thank you in advance.
Kisses and cuddles.
the only major thing different is that you plug it in... shouldnt matter and save space
either way its bad - i dont know animals
Yes it is fine to do that. The only problem would be that it's not as easy to do dynamics on a keyboard(obvious reasons)
Make sure you get a keyboard with a graded hammer. I have a Yamaha DGX-520, and it has a half graded hammer, and the difference is very noticeable. So yeah,if you can afford it, get graded hammer!
if it has as many octaves as a piano, then yes... + you NEED a sustain pedal, ... without it you're screwed.
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
If you are really dedicated to the idea you can probably find a church or some other place that has a real piano which you could practice on. I do not approve of learning piano on a keyboard, but if you must, go with the weighted keys.
be sure to get one with wieghted keys, as opposed to those little plastic keys on the $20 ones you get at walmart
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
You can get electric pianos that are designed to emulate the real thing as closely as possible, and they start at about $1k US, or alternately, a lot of times on craigslist you can find people either giving away or selling for dirt cheap old upright pianos.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Get this bad boy. It's what I have and is, as far as I know, the cheapest keyboard with weighted keys, which you REALLY need for piano lessons, available.
Make sure it's got weighted keys, it will help your lessons and your private practice marry up better.
Yeah sure, no problem, just remember to get one with weighted keys and a sustain pedal
yes, but get a sustain pedal; pretty much goes w/o saying.

also, pianos dont have a pitch bender, but get one anyway
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Make sure it is full size also, you aren't going to be able to do much if you have a 61 key or whatever those tiny things are.