Ive always liked the Flying V shape, but havent had much luck with them. I had a jackson RR3, but i just didnt like its small body, its 22 fret neck, and the pickups. I also had an Agile Hornet 7, but hated the EMGs on it. I want to give the flying V one more try, and im looking for suggestions. Some things i would like on it:

- 24 frets
- passive pickups
- colour doesnt matter, but some kind of red colour would be nice
- either fixed or floyd-style bridge
- less than $1000

Now, ive had my eye on the BC Rich Draco or the Jackson KVX10, as those fit almost all of the criteria, but im also open to other suggestions. So lets hear them!
You're asking a lot here, a lot of V guitars have EMGs or are over $1000.

I'd say you either get a Jackson Demmelition V for $800 and spend an extra $100 or so on replacing the EMGs, or spen $1400 on a Jackson King V. Seriously, you're just not going to get anything elsewhere unless you search second hand.
Dean Razorbacks are **** in quality, unless you spend over $4000 for a USA Dean, and even then the quality is quesitonable. Jackson KVX10 is good, if you like bolt-on necks and "designed" pick ups (meaning they're not actually Seymour Duncans, just designed for Jackson). Jackson KVX10 is nice, but there are some better choices. My best bet would be the ESP Ltd V-series, although they only come with active EMGs. The Alexi Laiho has the option of passive EMGs, but I've only heard bad things about those kind of pickups.

Quote by postmortem2006

I'd say you either get a Jackson Demmelition V for $800 and spend an extra $100 or so on replacing the EMGs, or spen $1400 on a Jackson King V. Seriously, you're just not going to get anything elsewhere unless you search second hand.

Demmelitions go for $1400 starting out, and the Jackson KVX is only $499 (I think). The next model up that I've seen is the KV2 which start at $1,999.
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 14, 2009,
Quote by postmortem2006

where the hell are u getting ur prices, the demmelition is like 1250 and the king v is lik 2400
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
dean VMNT because dave mustaine plays them.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Okay okay gentlemen, settle down!

CliffIsAngry, you've got my suggestion but with the wrong brand...

Look for an ESP DV8-r, they were done originally with Jb/Jazz set, and then with Seymour Duncan Blackouts.

You'll get one for buttons, they go used for $500 give or take.

Enjoy!
has anyone actually tried out the BC Rich draco? Im really curious about this one.. yeah i know... some people hate BC Rich.. but im still curious.
Quote by devit
where the hell are u getting ur prices, the demmelition is like 1250 and the king v is lik 2400

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=Jackson+king+V&st=

You can get a cheap King V.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
if a neo nazi compares you to hitler I'd say it's meant to be a good thing, if a jew does the same thing, it's likely that they aren't particularly fond of you.
doesnt the draco have a super fast or something (might be wrong here)
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by Fiberglass Gum
I'd say find a used Gibson Flying V.

Thats what I'd suggest too but Gibson Vs don't meet most the specs he wants. Still a good choice, Faded Vs are $700 new.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by dethfield
has anyone actually tried out the BC Rich draco? Im really curious about this one.. yeah i know... some people hate BC Rich.. but im still curious.

Don't touch it. It might look pretty 'cool and brutal' but it plays and sounds awful. Dean VMNT1s are the best quality guitars Dean make, but the price is too hefty and not worth it.

As for my earlier prices, I'm from the UK so yeah.. sorry.
Quote by postmortem2006
Don't touch it. It might look pretty 'cool and brutal' but it plays and sounds awful. Dean VMNT1s are the best quality guitars Dean make, but the price is too hefty and not worth it.

As for my earlier prices, I'm from the UK so yeah.. sorry.

Fair enough. After looking through the BC Rich catalog, i found this:

http://bcrich.com/v_jr_nj_dlx.asp#

Looks pretty cool, i would probably replace the pickups with some passive dimarzios, which would no problem. Anyone ever play one of these?
I beg to differ in this case. I played the Deluxe NT Jr V at guitar center, and it was a dream, dude. so smooth, so fast, so pretty. It plays and sounds amazing. Also, the ones they're selling at GC have the beast headstock as opposed to the six-in-line.
Can your amp even handle the Agile? It seems not. If it could, it should nice pretty well with fluid sounds and rabid harmonics. Either way, you could put passives in your guitar instead of buying a whole new guitar. I may personally do the same thing, because although I like my EMG707s, but I rather avoid spending so much on a new guitar.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
You could do what I did, and find a used Gibson Flying V somewhere for lese that 1000.
If you could go above a $1000, I'd say look at a Jackson KV-2 which is 2000-2400 on mail order sites.
ESP has a $700 V but it has EMG pickups and you said you didn't like them. They have a lower level model for 300-400, which is the V-200, i think that doesn't have emgs, instead it has some cheap low levels pickups, you could find new pickups to put in If you want to go that route..
Look at some B.C. Rich Vs also, they have models without EMG pickups.
The only decent pickups in Bc Rich's are the EMG's on the higher end. Every Rockfield pickup I've ever played sounds like ****. I won't even attempt to display my hatred for the BC Rich BDSM's either. If I were to do so, you all would flee from this place in horror
dude get ajackson king v! ive got a usa king v and a alexi laiho ltd. the king v T-O-P-S it, promise.
dude get ajackson king v! ive got a usa king v and a alexi laiho ltd. the king v T-O-P-S it, promise.