Do guitars that have a humbucker and a single coil in them hum a lot when both are on ?
I'm interested in a Bluesboy type Tele and am concerned about hum.
I'd like to do a Tele with a P90 & a Humbucker.

JJ
no i dont have that expirience.. single coils on their own buzz but hubucker + sc doest..
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Jammin'John
Do guitars that have a humbucker and a single coil in them hum a lot when both are on ?
I'm interested in a Bluesboy type Tele and am concerned about hum.
I'd like to do a Tele with a P90 & a Humbucker.

JJ

I have an ibanez that has a humbucker and two single coils, I can turn the humbucker and one single coil on, and it doesn't buzz at all, it'll be fine.
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
Well I have this kind of configuration. When the neck pickup is selected there is buzz. When it's neck + middle there is no buzz. When the middle pickup is selected there is buzz. When the middle + humbucker is selected there is buzz comming from the middle pickup, and when the bridge pickup is selected there is no buzz at all.
Quote by Guitarized
Well I have this kind of configuration. When the neck pickup is selected there is buzz. When it's neck + middle there is no buzz. When the middle pickup is selected there is buzz. When the middle + humbucker is selected there is buzz comming from the middle pickup, and when the bridge pickup is selected there is no buzz at all.

that's cause SC usually buzz if they're the only ones selected.. dunno why.
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem
that's cause SC usually buzz if they're the only ones selected.. dunno why.

Because a humbucker has two coils of opposite windings and polarity so the noise is cancelled
Yea.
It's good to hear that a humbucker and a single coil together hum less than just the single coil does.
I am going to do a guitar with a Seth Lover in the neck & a single coil in the bridge.
I was hesitant to do this and was going to "settle" with a stack in the bridge but not now.
So now I have to decide which single coil to pair with a Seth Lover.
Hmmmmmmm.

JJ