Hey, is there some way i can get rid of two knobs on my epiphone les paul black beauty and make it so there is only one volume and one tone pot instead and one three way instead of having 2 tones and 2 vols.?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated
There's a way to wire it if that's what you're asking. But it will leave 2 holes in the top of your guitar. Alternately you could see that as 2 holes to add new controls or effects I guess.
EDIT - that guitar already has a master tone I believe, so you'd just need master volume.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Last edited by Rebelw/outaCord at Feb 14, 2009,
What pickup options are you hoping for?

Because with only a master vol and a 3 way switch you'll have either middle full volume or off.

All the time.
@guitar-godfrey

You know it's a 3HB guitar, right?

It can be done with a 5 position blade switch but that would mean some woodworking to get it to fit.
Quote by bellerophon
What pickup options are you hoping for?

Because with only a master vol and a 3 way switch you'll have either middle full volume or off.

All the time.
lol no. gibson uses a special 3way switch. kinda lame, but the middle pickup is only on in the center position, added to the bridge. likely the Epi has the same wiring.

http://www.gibson.com/Files/schematics/lpafwiring.gif
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Fair enough SYK, never seen that switch before tbh. If the Epi has that switch then he'll get B or B+M or N then, you're right, that is kinda lame

I'd have given the middle its own volume and blended it in personally

Would concentric pots fit in the cavity? You could still have all 4 controls in the space of 2. Just a thought.