I've recently sold my drum kit to buy a new 7-string ( ), but have kept my sticks and practice pad. My question is whether or not I can keep playing "air drums" per say, while doing snare work on my pad, and still be improving my skill for when I buy another set one day?

I really love my drumming and don't want to stop until I get my new set.
Quote by Aguamento

I'm glad he handled it calmly. Joe Satriani should realize that with only 7 notes in the world, some songs are going to sound similar.

My Gear

Yamaha G-225
Ibanez RG7321
Santa-fe 5 String
Ahead 7A Drumsticks
Change your sig. You don't play drums anymore. Smooth move to sell your drums if you love it.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I'm not sure if you will get any better persay, but it couldn't hurt. It may help you with keeping rhythm on guitar, and keeping your drumming up to speed, but I can't see any advancement with it.
As I always say: "Rawr"
Quote by the agony scene
i sold my guitar
will practicing on my kitchen mop still enable me to improve my skill?

Can't see why not. Keep to Sex Pistols and it won't make a difference.
Quote by the agony scene
i sold my guitar
will practicing on my kitchen mop still enable me to improve my skill?

No man but I'll trade my air guitar for that mop.
Quote by Gummy132
No man but I'll trade my air guitar for that mop.

They are free!!!!!
I went 2 months without playing on a proper kit, just using a practice pad, and when I got back behind a kit it took me a few minutes to get used to it and then I was back to normal. Shouldn't do you any harm really.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
limp bizkit
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
I'm a drummer and I use my pad all the time. If you practice your rudiments on it, yes, you will improve. It will only improve your hands though.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
depends on how good you are, you can improve on a practice pad up to a certain level though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I hate to say it but buy guitar hero world tour.

At least then you'll still get minor practice and being used to hitting things.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

They are free!!!!!

They're so good that that guy is moving super fast to grab one.
Quote by eggo_boi_15
No.

but kudos on getting a 7 string.

ty!

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I sold my piano.

Will EATING TOAST improve my playing?

That's just dumb dude...
Quote by Aguamento

I'm glad he handled it calmly. Joe Satriani should realize that with only 7 notes in the world, some songs are going to sound similar.

My Gear

Yamaha G-225
Ibanez RG7321
Santa-fe 5 String
Ahead 7A Drumsticks
Quote by McGelie
I'm a drummer and I use my pad all the time. If you practice your rudiments on it, yes, you will improve. It will only improve your hands though.

This.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke