Ok, here's the story. I'm going to go to the guitar store this afternoon to return my guitar (Ibanez RG120) and amp (Line 6 Spider III 15-watt).
I'm returning the guitar because I want to try out another Ibanez that has jumbo frets and is around the same price range ($200). I'm returning the amp too because although I liked the amp models it gives me, it's way too heavy to lug to and from school by foot, and it's too big to fit in my locker.

So I need recommendations for an electric guitar that is good for metal, has 24 jumbo frets (I have huge fingers), and is around $200, and a practice amp that is great for metal AND clean and is relatively small but still packs a decent tone.

Oh, and if you recom a Roland Cube, which I'm expecting, recom me a good metal effects pedal to go with it that's around $50-100. Thanks!
Roland microcube.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by TheOrangeRift

Oh, and if you recom a Roland Cube, which I'm expecting, recom me a good metal effects pedal to go with it that's around $50-100. Thanks!

Why?
It'll just sound like crap.
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
Quote by Chrisiphone
Roland microcube.

haha.

Metal Muff. or the new Danelectro cool cat metal II
pretty good stuff, get a valve jr.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
roland cube - nor effects - no point putting effects through a modelling amp - it'll just make them want to die. some sort of cheap lp copy maybe a good bet - nice cleans etc. maybe a dean vendetta?
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by TheOrangeRift

Distortion/effects pedals + modelling amps = bad.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Why dont you get a Small Tube Combo, and put a Pedal infront on that! 100x the tonality! recommend a Laney LC15R 15 watt Combo, on its own will do early Metallica..
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
Line 6 makes a Spider micro now that, from what I've read, is better than the roland. It's pretty compact, has a handle, and a couple of channels.

LOOK, I COME BEARING LINKS!!!

Have fun lookin XD
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
@ the line 6 micro spider
it is still digital and crappy
@da5
not good for metal but GREAT for everything else
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 14, 2009,