hey guys , i want to buy a new guitar and im lookin for an LTD Delux series , i really loved the MH1000 and the EC-1000 , i knw that the MH got 85 emg pickups for the neck , and the EC got 60 , but its not a big deal for me i can buy a 85 emg pickup for the EC.
I really would like to have some ideas about both guitars , and really its gonna be like ma last choice of guitars so that why i want to get the prefect one.

waitin for ur comments

Quote by JELIFISH19
What are you looking for, those are 2 very different guitars.

im lookin for a heavy metal guitar, caz i do play alot of metallica stuffs and some other bands like ( bullet for my valentine , a7x )
If you're looking to play Metallica, stick with the EMG60, as it's what James uses in his guitar's neck position. Kirk uses duel 81's last I checked.
Do you want a floyd rose or not?

Thats what it comes down to.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
They both feel very different. The EC has a fixed bridge and is 24.75" scale. The M has a floyd and a 25.5" scale. They're also made of different woods
Quote by Chrisiphone
Do you want a floyd rose or not?
Thats what it comes down to.

+1
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
guys really i dont care about the bridge as long as i care about the sound , cause im gonna be using this guitars for couple years
Get off your arse and play them for a while back to back, whichever you feel most comfortable playing then you have picked the winner.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I think you should defintely consider the bridge. You should also determine which neck feels better in your hand. I've noticed that the EC-1000's have a thinner neck width than I prefer. The strings are really close together compared to my Viper and Strat.
You may not like that, or you may love it.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Chrisiphone
Get off your arse and play them for a while back to back, whichever you feel most comfortable playing then you have picked the winner.

dude if i can try them both i wont ask about them , we dont have any ESP LTD guitars in our country , so that why i want some comments from guys who knows more about the 2 guitars or guys who really got any of them , caz im goin to order one frm the net
Personally, I prefer the EC myself, but that's because I really like those Hetfield-esque rhythms and all that. PLus, the EC you're talking about is equipped with the same pup setup that Hetfield himself uses. Plus, without the Floyd Rose bridge, you don't have to go through the circle-jerk of removing **** just to tune the guitar. Also, the neck feels a good bit better to me than on the MH-1000, but that's just personal preference, I suppose.
guys need more comments about both guitars , and i would like to know about the neck, would like to knw which one got gd neck for easy and fast movin , or the might get the same neck but the wood gonna be diff
Quote by metallica4ever7
guys need more comments about both guitars , and i would like to know about the neck, would like to knw which one got gd neck for easy and fast movin , or the might get the same neck but the wood gonna be diff

If you really wanna go Metallica you can get one their LTD signatures - LTD Truckster, LTD Ouija or the LTD KH-602. But out of the two you mentioned I suppose the MH is going to have a faster neck, and generally be more shred friendly because of the superstrat shape. But you should definitely play them.
Quote by Horlicks
You're an idiot for trusting UG with $1000.

dude , im not an idiot i just want to knw more about it , i just want to see comments from ppl who really got any of these guitars caz we dont have any ESP LTD guitars over here , so i didnt say im gonna buy it that fast , i really need some good oppions about the guitars , im not that idiot gonna waste 1000$ just caz some ppl over here sayin go for EC or go for MH i just need to knw a lil more info about them
EDIT: to my post above. They both have Thin U-Neck Contour, thought the EC uses mahogany whereas the MH uses maple. Both have Rosewood fingerboards, so yeah. I've always found the EC to be more comfortable to play, but ultimately it's up to you.