I have a couple of things written that require for two guitar parts. I'll probably find another guitarist later, but for now I was wondeirng if a loop pedal would help this problem. Pretty much I just need power chords backing me for a few parts. I've read up a bit on the pedals but not 100% sure if there what I need. And if they are, what are a few good names you'd reccomend?
Yup, that'd be a loop pedal. If you want something really basic, you could grab a Boss RC-2. I would personally spend a little extra money (like $10-$20 more) and grab an Akai Headrush E2. Very simple, easy to use looper with great delay features as well (tap tempo, multi-head).

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
If your not looking for anything complicated go for the Boss DD7. Its a digital delay pedal with a hold function that can loop up to 40 seconds of sound.
Just make sure that it'll work for you.
For it to work you'd have to play the power chord backtrack first, then come in right after with your lead parts.
You might be able to record it beforehand if you get a real nice looper pedal though.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Faux~Affliction
Just make sure that it'll work for you.
For it to work you'd have to play the power chord backtrack first, then come in right after with your lead parts.
You might be able to record it beforehand if you get a real nice looper pedal though.

How much would those cost? I imagine having to play the backtrack first would be a bit troublesome in some situations.
Most dedicated loopers let you record a track before hand. I personally have the Boss RC-2 and it allows you to record up to 11 pre-recorded tracks. It is probably around $200 USD.
Yeah, that's a looper, but I don't know any great ones off the top of my head..

Do you have a budget?
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
If I can find a good enough one within reasonable price, yes I'll use it live.

I'd say probably around 200-300 is the most I can spend at the moment. The Boss RC-2 looks good, but I've read it's pretty hard to use for live. I heard the Akai Headrush was good though. Anyone else used it?
Last edited by Jx210 at Feb 14, 2009,