I get so much horrible feedback with my Digitech distortion pedal plugged behind the system. It's very difficult to mute it. What should I do? Why does it come?
Thanks!
Are you sure it's feedback and not hum?
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Turn the gain down. Unless its the death metal, in which case simply throw it in the bin.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
more explanations. what amp are you using? how high do you have the gain on your amp? what are thesettings on the pedal and amp? how are they EQ'd?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
What's been said, turn the gain down and then turn the level up to compensate for any volume loss. You always need less gain than you think, especially live.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
All you got to do is put an ISP or NS-2 in front of it. Once you get a noise gate you'll have no feedback. ESPECIALLY using pedals. Pedals are really noisy.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by hcsn2008
All you got to do is put an ISP or NS-2 in front of it. Once you get a noise gate you'll have no feedback. ESPECIALLY using pedals. Pedals are really noisy.

not necessarily.

CHEAP pedals are noisy. and using GOOD cables helps shield any outside interference. as long as your pedal isn't made of plastic, and the gain isn't turned to 10, you shouldn't get too much extra noise.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.