so im a bassist and im getting an acoustic guitar today, and wondering where to start? what should i learn, what can i expect to transfer over, etc etc..

two specific questions are:

what are the "important" chords to learn first?

and what are 2-3 EASY songs i can learn to get started?
If you want to know "Important Chords" I'd have to go with A major Am B major C major C minor, etc. Learn as many of them in first position as you can. The B will have to be a barre chord, but you should learn those too.

Wonderwall is a pretty easy acoustic song. It's by oasis.
Any of Bob Dylan's stuff or Neil Young's acoustic stuff is easy. Check out Heart of Gold.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
just learn your basic letter chords (a, e , c etc.)

Swing life away by rise against is pretty easy. Also your guardian angel by red jumpsuit is, but its downtuned.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Learn as many open chords as possible, there should be plenty of lists of them available on the internet.
Why not listen to my songs on my profile?
Learn theory. It will make everything a lot easier in the long run.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
A, Am, D, C, G, E, Em, and you could probably do some sevenths too. A7, B7 (a bit tricky at first), G7, E7 are pretty easy ones that I know off the top of my head.

Wish You Were Here was one of the first songs I learned to play.
awesome info so far guys, thanks! im open to all the suggestions you have. to whoever said learn theory, i know some theory as far as 3-4 scales, some "bass" chords etc, but im hoping alot will transfer to guitar.

so wish you were here and wonderwall are easy? anything other well known acoustics that are easy?