As the title says, i need help with my palm muting...

Ive just started to learn Blackened by Metallica, but im stuck on the bit after the intro (about 38 secs. in) because when i mute the open E string i end up muting the A string aswell, even though its not supposed to be muted

How can i stop this from happening?

Thanks
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Take it slowly and make sure you're only muting the E. Try tilting your hand a little away from the other strings. Then speed up gradually.
Quote by Sammy2K7
As the title says, i need help with my palm muting...

Ive just started to learn Blackened by Metallica, but im stuck on the bit after the intro (about 38 secs. in) because when i mute the open E string i end up muting the A string aswell, even though its not supposed to be muted

How can i stop this from happening?

Thanks

You can try using a bouncing technique that my instructor tells me to use. Sorry, no other way to describe it. Thats just how it looks to me when he does it.
He kinda bounces his palm off the string as he mutes certain notes to leave the other strings open for the next note(s).
Hope that helps some at least. I have struggled myself in that area but it does seem to work for me doing that technique.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barack Obama

''Life's tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
you could try muting the E string with the index finger of your fretting hand although it probably won't give you the right sound and might give out some harmonics. apart from that all you can do is pay really close attention to the position of your right hand try out different angles and stuff.
you are what you is