how do they sound different from wood body guitars?

i know that greg ginn used an ampeg dan armstrong lucite guitar for most of his black flag career, and i love the tone of their mid-80s albums

just curious
Lucite, is that like.. acrylic?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
I havent played one... or seen one... but from UG, I heard they are heavy, and sound a little more sterile than wood. But they look cool... (I dont like how they look)
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
If I remember correctly, Greg Ginn got that sound by rolling the treble all the way down on his amp while cranking the mids all the way up. I'm not sure the lucite guitar had much to do with his tone.
Quote by Underjoggle
The hambucker is the revolutionary new pickup that removes unwanted ham from your output signal, and collects it on a croissant with melted cheese.

Quote by Eddie4President
Shoop unto others what you would have shooped unto you.
i played a lucite/acrylic bc rich once,

despite being a bc rich it wasnt that bad, not too heavy considering how huge and spikey it was, no major tone difference either. but then again i had a **** tone ear at that time
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson