I own an Epiphone G-400 and last night i broke my d-string and this morning i put another on. So as i was playing i noticed a rattling coming from the headstock i can hear it faintly when i pick the D string and when i move the guitar up or down i can hear it clearly. The guitar needs a set-up, not badly but the truss rod could be adjusted a bit better and i have a little fret buzz so i will be taking it into the shop soon but i would like to know if anyone could tell me what this rattling is?
the nut at the tuner might be loose.

look for a loose part.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the tuning pegs might need screwing in a bit tighter, if thats how theyre attatched. I had the same problem on my fake strat and that solved it.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']it's your flux capacitor messing with the response of your nut to the d-string frequencies.

Couldn't have explained it better my self.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Yeah it was the nut at the tuner, how could i be stupid enough not to check that! So, if i tighten the bolt will it stop the rattling?
Quote by KrazyMitch
Yeah it was the nut at the tuner, how could i be stupid enough not to check that! So, if i tighten the bolt will it stop the rattling?

A lot of people overlook that, but yes tightening it should make it go away.