Just fit a set of Seymour duncan and a new set of pots and the wiring I have also lined the cavitys with coppertape I have wired exactley to the official diagram the problem is it sounds ok when 1 note is played but when I play a few notes it sounds real bad. This is my first build I'm pulling my hair out with this any help appreciated. Thanks
define "real bad" - muddy?

what amp/guitar do you play?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Hi sorry i'm pretty new to the guitar but I have wiring experience difficult to desceibe the noise just not clear at all proberly muddy yes it sort of seems to
Warble the chord is not defined it's bad. I have tried my cheap guitar which sounds MUCH better ????
oh and im playing an epiphone les paul with a peavey vypyr 30 amp. here are some pictures of the wiring
just tried it again it sounds out of tune when you play a power chord sort of reverberates???
it would be helpful to everyone if your post had some sort of puncuation in it but im not going to use any in this post to demonstrate what its like to read one of your posts you should upload the pics on photobucket for us so we can see what your wiring looks like maybe you just got some ****ty pickups
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
What value pots did you use?

How does it sound with guitar Volume on 4 and no stomp/effects/pre-gain/post-gain on the amp with a Fender clean setting on the amp selector knob (Dlx or Twn)?

It's easy to dial in a high-gain amp, add reverse delay, add stompboxes, add gain and get...
a big noisy mess.
i have just tried it with all effects bypased and all settings in the middle .
it still sounds like a mess. i still have my first encore guitar which i bought very cheap and it sounds much better
Can we see a picture of the actual pickups on the actual guitar?
AII Pros are slightly muddy (and IMO crap, but that's besides the point) by nature; if they're too high or too low you'll just get a big mess because the AlNiCo IIs are quite weak in terms of their magnetic field. Try adjusting the height.
erm.... I know this sounds kinda stupid but...

Is the Guitar in tune?
Gear

Fender Lite Ash Tele

Satellite 65/T

Yamaha RBX375
^
tbh...

That's a damn good point >.>
The slightest of tuning descrepancies can render all chords attempted horrible. Worth a check.
Quote by Rock Pig
^
tbh...

That's a damn good point >.>
The slightest of tuning descrepancies can render all chords attempted horrible. Worth a check.

Wait... Me did good this time?
Gear

Fender Lite Ash Tele

Satellite 65/T

Yamaha RBX375
so can the pickup be in the wrong way? the bridge pickup is in th bridge side neck in neck side. but can they be back to front?? or should it not matter?
just turned the pickup around so the adjustable magnets are facing away from each other. while i was at it i have copper taped the pickup cavitys.
it seems to be cured now. i think i need a little work on the pickup heights any tips guys ?