Page 1 of 2
In about a month im looking to purchase another guitar, I have an epiphone lp and an esp ltd i like to play mostly metal specifically death metal/brutal death metal i was just wondering are dean guitars really this good i see so many artists jumping ship and so much hype around these guitars i mean i've picked up a few at a guitar center never really played them. I only wanna spend 300-600, in your peoples opinion would you go with the BC RICH IRONBIRD 1, or the DEAN RAZORBACK (the cheapest one) thanks.
300-600? Save some more money...
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
try them out for yourself
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Quote by KiraIBZ
300-600? Save some more money...

This. Especially considering the brands you're expecting to be buying from.
If buying B.C. Rich or Dean I'd recomend saving because there low end models tend to be crap. Also what amp do you have?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Well, I wouldn't get either, even though I love BC Rich ()

Anyway, if you HAVE to, I'd get the BC Rich, but if I were you I'd save more money and get a high end BC Rich.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
^ agreed save more money and buy a better BC Rich....lower end models are not that great...they can be if you put more work into it but it'll come out the same as if you bought a high end BC anyways
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
You'd be better off just buying a high end BC Rich.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
So don't get an Ironbird.
In my experience, the Ironbird sucks.

And also, in my experience, all Deans suck.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
save some more cash and get a higher end model, like the bc rich ironbird limited edition, has a licensed floyd rose and better pickups
Quote by Crozmo
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=514043X

I have one of these and they are easily the best guitar i've played, so smooth fretboard it feels like walking on a soft cake

I gave up on Dean long before Dave Mustaine started using them.

Quote by acillatem893
so what type of a BC RICH would you suggest?

Mockingbird ST (If it helps, this is my personal favorite guitar EVER MADE, EVAR. ~65 tonal possibilities without using any pedals, just the guitar, awesome pickups, original Floyd Rose bridge, neck-thru, and a real beauty of a guitar.)
Bich 10
NJ Warlock
WMD Warbeast
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Last edited by Justice4AllOne at Feb 14, 2009,
I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Deans.Hate.I like the BC rich Ironbirds,Warlocks,mockingbirds,and SOBS.I dont like the new warbeast though.If i were you, Id try to get a nice mockingbird, or a used Draco V.
Quote by acillatem893
So overall DEAN is overrated?????

Not here.
All of UG pretty much hates Dean.

But yeah, Deans suck, in most of our opinions.

A good deal of UG is on an anti-BC Rich bandwagon, but they're really just against the low end. High end BC Rich's are amazing. I myself play one
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Just now figuring that out?

I mean i just play man i don't know the ins out of choosing one guitar over another i just no some basic things.
ah. my bad. It'll come around at about year two or so. You'll just start to hold on to various tidbits of info that'll give you pretty good insight into all sorts of **** when the time comes
Like what the hell is the difference between a warbeast and a warlock like im sure to many of you this is obvious but the body shape is ALMOST identical.
Warlock has smaller upper horns. The Warbeast is a combo of the Beast's upper horns and the lower part of a Warlock, thus giving it more brutal looks. You see, when two guitars love each other very much...
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Warlock has smaller upper horns. The Warbeast is a combo of the Beast's upper horns and the lower part of a Warlock, thus giving it more brutal looks. You see, when two guitars love each other very much...

Victorino may have just made the funniest BC Rich related joke of all time.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Thank you, and god-damnit, it's Victorinox. The "X" is part of the name!!!

Actually I don't care. I'm used to being called Victorino now
Lol, I figured the X wasn't a big deal.

Also used to my name being shortened.
Nobody wants to type "Justice4AllOne", so they just say "Justice" or "One".
Lol.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
It should be fairly obvious that it's the snake from The Black Album :P
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
REALLY??!?!?!! NO ****IN WAY!!! --_--

I have a black album LP case hanging on my wall, dude. I'm well aware
Note the ":P" at the end of my sentance :P
It was sarcasm.

I have it on CD, as my mom sold my record player just as Metallica started reissuing LPs.
I'm still pissed.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Lucky :P

She sold my typewriter too.
I'm all modernized now, except my horrendously outdated amp and 20 year old guitar :P
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by tonedeafidiot
This. Especially considering the brands you're expecting to be buying from.

If you really want to get a Dean or BC Rich then...

/thread

Because the high ends of those brands are the only good ones. Most of the mid range and ESPECIALLY low end ones are some of the worst lol.

Happy to say my warlock is pretty solid for still being my first guitar though...although when I'm playing through the amp that I have I'm not surprised...
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by acillatem893
In about a month im looking to purchase another guitar, I have an epiphone lp and an esp ltd i like to play mostly metal specifically death metal/brutal death metal i was just wondering are dean guitars really this good i see so many artists jumping ship and so much hype around these guitars i mean i've picked up a few at a guitar center never really played them. I only wanna spend 300-600, in your peoples opinion would you go with the BC RICH IRONBIRD 1, or the DEAN RAZORBACK (the cheapest one) thanks.

In reality both guitars arn't any good, hardly even decent. Your LTD will play death metal and probably play it better anyway
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Warlock has smaller upper horns. The Warbeast is a combo of the Beast's upper horns and the lower part of a Warlock, thus giving it more brutal looks. You see, when two guitars love each other very much...

haha sigged!
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by acillatem893
What happens if i were to throw some high end pick ups on them.

you can actually buy the Ironbird if thats what you want and actually get better P-ups for it, but since its kinda cheap you might want to take a look at the bridge and see how it is and you might have to invest in a new one. To answer your other question what do you suggest, and you can handle all the points you can get the one i have which is a NT Beast that sells for about 700. its a pretty good guitar and its one i use on gigs.....another good model would be the assasin i forgot what model number but they are just as good....but if you dont want one thats too plain in then the Virgo is also another good guitar. One of the best ones is the Jr V model that comes with the active pickups. thats actually a great guitar
Page 1 of 2