I just got a Mark III because the deal was too good to pass up. Can anyone tell me exactly what the red stripe means? Its a short chassis 60/100 watt simulclass. Also can I run the 8 ohm out into a 16 ohm cabinet? I haven't even gotten a chance to really play the thing yet..

www.myspace.com/apartfromfear \m/
Don't advertise in your posts.

You can run a 8 ohm out into a 16 ohm cab.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
spam?
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by KShred
I just got a Mark III because the deal was too good to pass up. Can anyone tell me exactly what the red stripe means? Its a short chassis 60/100 watt simulclass. Also can I run the 8 ohm out into a 16 ohm cabinet? I haven't even gotten a chance to really play the thing yet..

The Strip thing is the same as the A,B and C versions of the Mark II and the A and B version of the Mark IV. simply it just shows which version of the Mark III you have. Difference between the versions is minor tweaks on the amp like the volume know respond better and doesn't jumps in volume and stuff like that. Also it means minor changes to the channels like better clean, smoother distortion and stuff like that. And yes you can run the head set on 8 ohm into a 16 ohm cab.

For more info read here:
http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/dot.html

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2