Ok, i'm a super n00b when it comes to stacks, so bare with me please.

i've been playing through a Roland MicroCube ever since i started playing. and recently, i came into the possession of a marshall 2x12 cab. its in decent shape, a few knicks here and there, and the lable on the back has been scratched off a bit. i need a head, and quick. i have a talent show this tuesday, and need to know what heads will be compatible with this cab. my price range is $200 - $400, because i need it quick and don't have enough time to save. the label on the back has been scratched off, so these are the specs as far as i know.

its a 2x12 marshall cabinet, can handle 8 ohms, and if its of any use, the serial number is 2482, from what i can make out.

again, i don't know what most of this means, because i've never had to deal with stacks before.

thanks in advance, and apologies for my n00biness.

EDIT: also, i figured i would just go ahead and get a head because i had a cab. so i never thought of a combo. but again, stick to heads.

if you need to know the genres i play to help, i usually play thrash metal and alt. rock.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Last edited by KGB_INC at Feb 14, 2009,
Budget??
styles you play??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
you can use any 8 ohm head with it. what type of music do you play ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
a head for $400.........

try looking for a B52-AT100 or a Peavey XXX USED(you will have a hard time finding one for 400)....
or just sell the cab and buy a Peavey XXX combo.....
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
ok. my cousin just said he would let me use his head, but i've looked everywhere and can't find the specs for it. it's nothing quality, from what he says, but it works. its a Behringer V-AMPIRE LX1200H 120 watt head. i've looked everywhere and can't find its ohm specs. help? would it even work? i'm only considering it cause it's free.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Last edited by KGB_INC at Feb 14, 2009,